Not enough time...

This is what happens when you had high hopes for winter wrenching and ended up spending your time at work or changing diapers:

39954161502_b1043762c1_c.jpgUntitled by Tim Marks, on Flickr

Mine is slowly making progress, but the one in diapers? Not really0111182230.jpg

2 in diapers over here. I've been lucky to even make it to the garage to stare at the bike and make engine noises...

 

that front wheel looks awesome, ive been looking into new wheels, did you find a source for a billet rear hub ? or is that for the rear and you have a disc conversion in mind ?!?!

Edited by daled

You've obviously wasted far too much time sleeping 3 hours a night.

DP

Edited by xplodee
8 minutes ago, daled said:

that front wheel looks awesome, ive been looking into new wheels, did you find a source for a billet rear hub ? or is that for the rear and you have a disc conversion in mind ?!?!

This one is for the rear and the extra swingarm is so I can do the disc conversion off of the bike then just install it all at once. I wanted to strip the whole bike down and paint the frame/swingarm black but now I doubt i'll be able to do that.

39 minutes ago, xplodee said:

This is what happens when you had high hopes for winter wrenching and ended up spending your time at work or changing diapers:

Damn Tim, sorry to hear about the diapers, I guess we all have that to look forward to if we live long enough.  At least you are still riding!

2 in diapers over here. I've been lucky to even make it to the garage to stare at the bike and make engine noises...
 

I strategically placed my bike in the basement to work on it here and there. The fatal flaw? It is next to my video game set up (xbox1) and I usually don't feel like wrenching after 10-12 hour day and then chasing a 2 & a 4 year old around....Couch, meet ass.....

I think you guys are very lucky to be able to keep riding while raising kids! I had to give up racing/riding and let my AMA pro flat track license expire to raise the kids. Didn't ride for 11 years. Then life took a turn for the better $$$$$ and I was able to start riding again and with the kids :) Now its been 11 years back on the bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

I think you guys are very lucky to be able to keep riding while raising kids! I had to give up racing/riding and let my AMA pro flat track license expire to raise the kids. Didn't ride for 11 years. Then life took a turn for the better $$$$$ and I was able to start riding again and with the kids :) Now its been 11 years back on the bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup... that's life, I put it all on hold through the 80's and half the 90's...

but I know how im going to spend my social security checks ! NEW knobbies !

 

did you go back to flat trackin ?

Edited by daled
2 hours ago, xplodee said:

This one is for the rear and the extra swingarm is so I can do the disc conversion off of the bike then just install it all at once. I wanted to strip the whole bike down and paint the frame/swingarm black but now I doubt i'll be able to do that.

so what billet hub are you using (for what make, model of bike ?)

10 minutes ago, daled said:

so what billet hub are you using (for what make, model of bike ?)

From an earlier 250X model, I think pre 2012? Apparently it's known to work well

40 minutes ago, daled said:

yup... that's life, I put it all on hold through the 80's and half the 90's...

but I know how im going to spend my social security checks ! NEW knobbies !

 

did you go back to flat trackin ?

Only practices BUT I am building a chassis so I can go race here and there. I still have a track about 15 miles away. I really enjoy exploring now. I am still very competitive but spending all day at the races for 15-20 min of ride time is not as fun as it used to be. My buddies hate it when we have to connect trails with fire road! They say its like the star ship Enterprise going into warp sideways! LOL Makes me miss the RS600 Honda I raced :) 


I strategically placed my bike in the basement to work on it here and there. The fatal flaw? It is next to my video game set up (xbox1) and I usually don't feel like wrenching after 10-12 hour day and then chasing a 2 & a 4 year old around....Couch, meet ass.....

Move the bike over by the couch. Problem solved you can sit on the couch and work on the bike.

Move the bike over by the couch. Problem solved you can sit on the couch and work on the bike.

Would it be bad to admit that I already thought of that....the downside is that it blocks the view of the tv. I at least am able to watch Supercross while in the basement! (Which is a bummer, since Detroit isn't on the schedule this year..)
23 minutes ago, Confederate said:


Move the bike over by the couch. Problem solved you can sit on the couch and work on the bike.

Precisely. torn down piece by piece, inspected powder coated and reassembled in the living room.  :thumbsup:

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

I've been there done that too. I gave up riding because of having a young family and moving all over the world for work.  I just moved back to my old town, and I have three bikes now.  One of them my wife doesn't know about, u til I sell the other one lol.  I'm making up for lost time.  :-)))

Wow, this topic came at the perfect time because I currently have a 5 week old son and haven't ridden in 7 weeks!!! I used to ride on a weekly basis (every Saturday) which was my own personal RESET for the week.  After a days of riding with the boys, I'd have a shit eating grin on my face for 2 days straight and could endure anything thrown at me during the week to get me to next Saturday.  Now as I sit here I need my personal reset and the wife fights me on it to where I should be at home taking care of the kid, when it's 90% her because I don't have the lactation vessels on the front of my chest...ok, enough venting.  My question to the guys who gave up riding for so many years, was it a personal choice to stay home with the kids and raise them OR was it better not to fight your better half and just accept that you have a kid?  I feel like if I get that ride in, I'm more present and willing to do anything/everything that needs to be done......

8 hours ago, stalspeed said:

Wow, this topic came at the perfect time because I currently have a 5 week old son and haven't ridden in 7 weeks!!! I used to ride on a weekly basis (every Saturday) which was my own personal RESET for the week.  After a days of riding with the boys, I'd have a shit eating grin on my face for 2 days straight and could endure anything thrown at me during the week to get me to next Saturday.  Now as I sit here I need my personal reset and the wife fights me on it to where I should be at home taking care of the kid, when it's 90% her because I don't have the lactation vessels on the front of my chest...ok, enough venting.  My question to the guys who gave up riding for so many years, was it a personal choice to stay home with the kids and raise them OR was it better not to fight your better half and just accept that you have a kid?  I feel like if I get that ride in, I'm more present and willing to do anything/everything that needs to be done......

Was my choice as I had a couple big injuries right before my first was born and I was the only income at the time. Plus racing was taking me out of state a lot. Its game on now. I signed up for short term disability and bought a 450 in 2007. Been off for a total of one year in the last 11! Thank god I signed up for that short term stuff! Broken leg then broken ribs then broken wrist and a ACL repair! Been broken free for 4 years...........hmmm that means I'm over due for a broken bone! SMH

Edited by ricky racer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now