99 Kx250 AOS forks Q's

Hey Guys,

I'm currently researching to make a 99 Kx250 Enduro Bike and I came across a set of 05 Yz450f AOS front forks with Enzoracing Subtank System. 

I was thinking on using the 02 Kx250 triple clamps as they are 48mm. 

Can I use my stock front wheel and brake system or Do I have to sorce a Yz450f front wheel and brakes?

Thanks

IMG_0232.PNG

The 2002 clamps will bolt right on. 

In my opinion I don't think the AOS would be worth doing.  For enduro the open cartridge forks have no drawbacks, they just need revalving.  The twin chamber will never be as plush.

Edited by turbo dan
corrected error

Actually, I don't think you need to swap stems on the '02 triples when putting them on a '99 as they are the same series ('99-'02) of bike unless I'm missing something?

Not sure about the brake caliper and wheel but you just might have to change them out for the Yamaha units. Should be able to still use your master cylinder but might have to play with which brake hose to run.

As turbo dan said, I don't think it would be worth it. There wasn't that much of an improvement between those years of forks. I would think the stock 46mm forks would actually be better for offroad terrain but those YZ450f forks would probably be a little better for MX. Yeah, just not enough difference to be worth it IMO

23 minutes ago, SS109 said:

Actually, I don't think you need to swap stems on the '02 triples when putting them on a '99 as they are the same series ('99-'02) of bike unless I'm missing something?

Not sure about the brake caliper and wheel but you just might have to change them out for the Yamaha units. Should be able to still use your master cylinder but might have to play with which brake hose to run.

As turbo dan said, I don't think it would be worth it. There wasn't that much of an improvement between those years of forks. I would think the stock 46mm forks would actually be better for offroad terrain but those YZ450f forks would probably be a little better for MX. Yeah, just not enough difference to be worth it IMO

You are correct.  They actually would be directly interchangeable.  I should know I just installed some 02 clamps on my 97 125.  Yikes.

You need to measure the ID of the KX clamps and the OD of the Yamaha forks. They may not work together. Just because the inner tubes are the same OD does not mean that the clamping area is the same.