Science of Supercross | Episode 28 (Science of the Tire) | Engineered by Kawasaki

From suspension setup to power delivery, tires play a critical role in the performance of Monster Energy Supercross bikes. Learn more as Dunlop explains all of the variables that go into pre-race tire selection.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By luke8500
      Hi all,
      I have a 2004 kx 250 2 stroke and it wont start.  it only backfires.  I was out riding it one day and came up to a stop so the bike was just idling and it started to try and die so i revved it up a few times then let it die and now it wont start back up.  It only pops or backfires when you kick it.  Its getting good spark and i just put a brand new plug and coil in it. I took the reeds apart and they look like they're brand new.  It was running great before so i dont know what happened.  Im thinking it could be a fuel problem even tho the plug is a little wet if you take it out after a bunch of kicking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 
    • By KTMRider4Life
      KTM has held a unique record in 250SX since 2011—it’s the only brand to have won in every season. Kawasaki did not win in '15, Honda did not win in '17 (and so far, it has not done so this season), Yamaha had no wins in '13, and Suzuki did not have any in '11 nor between 2014-'17, while Husqvarna did not get any wins between '11 and '15. This consistency also yielded KTM's 40th victory in the 125/250 supercross classes, thanks to Jordon Smith's first win in 2018 at last Saturday night's Daytona SX. The Austrian KTM got its first triumph in small-bore supercross back in 2001, with the South African Grant Langston. The most successful KTM winner is Marvin Musquin, who won 11 times. So far, KTM has collected 22 wins in the West Region, while Smith's win was KTM's 18th victory in the East Region. KTM also took its second Daytona victory; Musquin got the first one in '15.
    • By Slicing-Air
      I'm sure some of you have already seen him wearing this kitten stuff but I though It was just on the back of his helmet.   Guess thor persuaded him (or paid him) to put this stuff on.  Or Muskrat is a just a weird guy.