Are Project Bikes Even Worth It? Read more... ×

Mounting a X light on a 14' R (asked in the "R" forum no luck)

Sorry for putting this in the "X" forum but I had no luck in the R/RX forum.  Anyone mounted a Crf450X light on a R?  I have the light visor/shell off a 12' X and trying to figure out how to mount the shell on my R.  I have all the lighting and electrical figured out (Baja Designs).  I just need help mounting the X shell on the R.  Any ideas would really be appreciated.

The R triple clamps dont have a bolt hole for the headlight do they?  I was able to get the R plate onto my x but not sure about the other way around.  Honestly, the stock headlight sucks and isn't very useful for night riding.  How about a slim, single row LED bar mounted between the handguards or one of the triple clamps mount?

3 hours ago, WhiskeyBadger said:

The R triple clamps dont have a bolt hole for the headlight do they?  I was able to get the R plate onto my x but not sure about the other way around.  Honestly, the stock headlight sucks and isn't very useful for night riding.  How about a slim, single row LED bar mounted between the handguards or one of the triple clamps mount?

No bolt hole.  I have the Baja Designs Led light kit.  Was really hoping to use the "X" shell.  Not really a fan of the Polisport shell it came with.

Yes...just fabricate some brackets from aluminum plate...easy peasy.

r head1.jpg

otten.jpg

Edited by CRF DOC

1 hour ago, CRF DOC said:

r head1.jpg

otten.jpg

Do you have any pics of the brackets by any chance.  That's exactly what I'm after.

Also if by chance you don't have the resources to fabricate your own you might be able to use the brackets that the aftermarket companies like Applied or BRP sell for their 250/450X clamp sets.

50 minutes ago, snydes said:

Also if by chance you don't have the resources to fabricate your own you might be able to use the brackets that the aftermarket companies like Applied or BRP sell for their 250/450X clamp sets.

I saw the applied bracket.  Wasn't sure if the pinch bolt spacing was correct.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.  Thanks

5a70ed87b0ca0_rhead1.jpg.e3c53bd499a7f98279d27e86cc6684ef.jpg
otten.thumb.jpg.3c0cbb7928d46b64d64fe040a5144063.jpg

Curious, what model R is that in the pics? Modded for some type of desert racing?