03 Baja

Hey guys I just picked up an 03 Baja 250, if I didn’t pay $100 for it I wouldn’t of even bothered. The good, everything works lights, blinkers, starter, brakes cool looking little bike. Needed throttle cable so I put one on it, greased the handle, ripped the carb off dipped it cleaned it up got it all back together, apparently the seat needs replaced trickles out the overflow. The needle is in the middle I was going to bend the the float tab but pulling the carb is kinda a pain. It acts like it’s on 1/4 throttle running clearly lean, within 30-40 seconds the pipe from the head to about mid is glowing red I can take the idle adjustment completely out and won’t make a difference the air/fuel is about 1 1/4 out. I was going to just put a pwk28 on it that I had for my blaster but would need rejetting surely and an manifold adapter

What I’m asking is do you think the bad seat would make the high idle? No adjustments seems to make a difference on the idle/glowing exhaust. The o rings were good I think I rose the needle up one from where it was originally, middle now. there’s throttle response so it’s not the slide. Checked to make sure it wasn’t open. The air box is on.The floats were good the seat even looked good but won’t stop overflowing. I imagine most of the glowing is heat from it revving at half throttle and no airflow. Seems to have an aftermarket pipe on its “rideable” if you’re drag racing lol. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rixter
      A tiny clear rubber tube on bottom of carb.  On bottom sort of on side, by floats, the other end just hanging down.  Was it always like this? Or does the other end go somewhere?  Today after multiple trys with kick, choke on/off ,,,fuel keeps pouring out the tube.  This bike has always been hard to start.   Thanx  guys!
    • By Doukis1
      New spark plug, new air filter. Went for a ride and all was good. Hadn't run it in a week and a half. Now it won't start. Getting spark. The plug is dry. Is it possible I over oiled the filter and it has somehow gummed up the carb/ float? Thanks
    • By Ndh87
      I’ve got an old barn find ‘83 CR80R that needs either a new carb or a rebuild kit. I haven’t been able to find either anywhere. 
      Does anyone know where I can find either?
      housing, bowl and all the hard parts seem fine, if I can find a rebuild kit with a new float I think I’ll be ok. Right now it runs but only when I leave the choke on, smokes heavily and likes to bog down on takeoff
    • By Wired Gizmo
      I just attempted to clean my carb for the first time on a 2017 drz400sm. Took couple hours, went well. Though after putting everything back in, I see a spare nut. Photos attached. Can someone let me know where this is supposed to go??

• By k.bilitz
      I bought a 1997 YZ250 a little while ago knowing it needed some work. Clutch was bad but it ran fine. It got into the powerband great and it idled fine. I replaced the clutch plates and basket and I rode it a few times and then it just bogged out and fouled a plug. I went through the carb multiple times, rejetted it, tuned it, and still no fire. Has great compression and spark, but it is getting too much fuel. I flipped the reeds over as a test and it fired right up. I put in new reeds and now it wont start again. Same issues. I am thinking reeds yet but was not too sure. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kyle.