IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×

Is there any anti theft device out there for dirt bikes like ignition key or something

I am trying to find a way to help my 300xc from being stolen.. is there any way to

Have a key or something that will ease my mind from people stealing bikes ?

Depends on the situation bud - Here in the UK we have a pandemic of bike thefts so 3 locks in and around certain city's isn't uncommon- 2x disc locks, + 1x chain to attatched to something solid. That's more for storage mind.

In the case of 30mins unattended - I would guess a disc lock + removing HT lead from spark plug would be enough.

Though there is nothing to stop someone from picking the bike up into a pickup per say.

If someone wants your bike bad enough they will take It's down to you to make it as difficult as possible!

Thanks and that my other understanding issue - key ignition lock or not if Ya wanted it bad enough in the back of the truck it goes...

Thanks and that my other understanding issue - key ignition lock or not if Ya wanted it bad enough in the back of the truck it goes...

Went as far to thinkin about the last 3 1/2 inches off the barrel of a 16 gauge and bored into the seat. Hop on and bang .. but it’s too unrealistic obviously.

I hate ppl that take bikes feel bad for anyone lost there’s !

2 hours ago, dylanWr said:

I am trying to find a way to help my 300xc from being stolen.. is there any way to

Have a key or something that will ease my mind from people stealing bikes ?

Nothing is theft proof - if they want it they will get it

I’ve heard of gps type devices sold for street bikes that you can place under the seat. Sorry don’t have a brand or model to suggest. As for an ignition key, I have a 350sxf and I installed a key assembly from an oem excf model. You might be able to do same from an exc model. 

• Like 1

sicass racing has them . i got one for my fe250 works like a teather cord . when the key is off/out the bike wont start . simulates the kill switch being pressed down . you can always rig up a hidden toggle switch somewhere to disable the ign . 

buy insurance, just the way things are. 

• Like 2

I always insure my bikes for theft/fire.  Used to have full coverage, but seemed unnecessary. 

Im paying $20 a month for insurance on my 2018 250xc. That money is nothing compared to the ease of mind.

• Like 2