YZ Factory manual does not help a newbie much.

Yes it shows me a diagram but doesn't tell me where to start or what to do is there anything better out there

Yamaha factory manuals are excellent ! 

What are You trying to do ?

Yeah it does the diagram just shows the layout of the parts. Sometimes you have to read the directions. 

This would be a good first step on getting the background knowledge, at least on the motor part.

Paul Olesen

The Four Stroke Dirt Bike Engine Building Handbook

The mamuals are really good but you will meed to educate yourself first.

Yeah it does the diagram just shows the layout of the parts. Sometimes you have to read the directions. 

Well I'm having trouble getting the carburetor out because it's 28 degrees and probably that's why it doesn't want to come out so I wanted to take the airbox off I can't figure out how to get that off.

Take the seat off. Remove the two lower subframe bolts, one on the left and one on the right. Loosen the airbox to carb clamp. Next go to the top subframe bolt and either 1) loosen it and rotate the subframe assembly up and out of the way or 2) remove it then remove the subframe. Now the airbox is out of your way and you'll have a ton of room. With that said, the carb will come off without removing all of this but it's possible the cold temperature is making the boots too stiff....

Thanks

Might want to pull the silencer off before you swing the sub frame up. 

Need to loosen front clamp, and the two electrical connections on carb, rotate top towards you pull it back, and wiggle it out between frame and boot. 

"Might want to pull the silencer off before you swing the sub frame up."

Ya, beat Me too this, LOL !!

Why do You need the carb off ?    Just asking ?

1 minute ago, motorock said:

"Might want to pull the silencer off before you swing the sub frame up."

Ya, beat Me too this, LOL !!

Why do You need the carb off ?    Just asking ?

On another thread he was asking about why it didn’t run good off first 1/4 throttle. Told him to check the pilot, clear everything out and set the float, and should be good. 

9 hours ago, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

Might want to pull the silencer off before you swing the sub frame up

I guess my bike is pretty well broken in because I can rotate the subframe without loosening the silencer. I can even rotate it back down and align the pipe/silencer joint without so much as loosening a side panel. Must be the silver lining in owning a high hour bike lol.

Edited by zeke383
2 hours ago, zeke383 said:

I guess my bike is pretty well broken in because I can rotate the subframe without loosening the silencer. I can even rotate it back down and align the pipe/silencer joint without so much as loosening a side panel. Must be the silver lining in owning a high hour bike lol.

Yah, some systems will come apart easy, some silencers go over the tip of the chamber pretty far. You can tear the boot/coupler if your not careful. Since OP was having a day at it, figured he needed the extra room. 

Thanks everyone silencer is already off so I could repack it

I always like to remove the shock. Two bolts and it’s off, gives me lots of room with the carb.

Good idea have to take that off any way to change the spring