99 350se oversize tank not draining

What do you guy's do with big tanks and stock carb, where the inlet goes straight up and its higher than the petcock's on the tank. Can you turn the carb. inlet to point forward, or will it leak? O-ringed or epoxied?

i think its a press-fit. i've read about some having success reindexing the inlet tube, and some destroying it.

i have the same tank on my 92, 1st fillup.

how many miles do you get on the left petcock? right? reserves?

i'm using the left petcock main and mileage at 175 this morning. trying to gauge when its fixin to run out.

Edited by plugeye
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 5:07 AM, plugeye said:

i think its a press-fit. i've read about some having success reindexing the inlet tube, and some destroying it.

i'm using the left petcock main and mileage at 175 this morning. trying to gauge when its fixin to run out.

What is that tank?

Thank you Plugeye, i built this bike up for a friend, he's going to try running it down while carrying some extra gas, we will see.
20180130_124817_HDR.jpg20180130_124736_HDR.jpg20180130_124754_HDR.jpg
  • Like 2

Nice work! I have the same bike/tank & wondered the same.....can I turn the inlet to like the 10:00 position

• Like 1