300xcw Electric start removal?

I’m thinking about removing my e start as it’s missing some wiring anyway, to save some weight. 

Does anyone know if i remove the housing and other parts if I can simply order cover/or other parts from the xc model and just use those in place of e start to seal it up?

• Like 1

Yea, go for it. My buddy just did it and he loves the delete kit from Slavens posted above. He said it all went together without any issues and he said it was noticeable in weight savings. Not to mention the case cover looks great.

• Like 2

Is this on the Pre-17 models?  If so I have all the parts.  Brand new, never used.  PM me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Is this on the Pre-17 models?  If so I have all the parts.  Brand new, never used.  PM me

Yes 09’ , what i’m confused about after looking at the diagrams is if it’s a specific cover needed for e start models or if I can use not e-start parts? It would appear from what i’ve seen that this is not just non e start parts...

6 minutes ago, xtactical said:

Yes 09’ , what i’m confused about after looking at the diagrams is if it’s a specific cover needed for e start models or if I can use not e-start parts? It would appear from what i’ve seen that this is not just non e start parts...

I recall the 07 250xc did not come with estart, on the 300 did.  It was the first year of estart, maybe it was 08.  Regardless I have the "stuff"

The 250 comes with an ignition cover without estart.  

Edited by Sycamore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sycamore said:

I recall the 07 250xc did not come with estart, on the 300 did.  It was the first year of estart, maybe it was 08.  Regardless I have the "stuff"

The 250 comes with an ignition cover without estart.  

So is there a difference between the ignition cover on non e start model vs the cover in slavens delete kit? They look different to me...

I havent looked at the slaven kit.  It's probably the same thing.  Mines OEM.