Blake Wharton

Former GEICO Honda rider Blake Wharton, who last competed professionally in 2014 while serving as a fill-in for the team, will return to racing when the 250SX East Region begins in Arlington, Texas, on February 17.

Details of Wharton’s return emerged yesterday when Munn Racing, a Texas-based KTM and Husqvarna dealer, posted on their Facebook page a photo of a Husqvarna with the caption, “Big Dan spent some time getting the bike shook down with Blake Wharton this weekend — Arlington SX Feb 17th.”

We reached out to Wharton yesterday and he said that the current plan is to race the East Region opener with support from Munn Racing, and that he would announce further details shortly. 

Wharton turned pro following the 2008 Loretta Lynn AMA Amateur National Championship with GEICO Honda and raced with the team until 2011, when he signed with Rockstar Energy Racing Suzuki (now Rockstar Energy Husqvarna). He spent two years with the team before returning to GEICO Honda in a fill-in role for the 2014 season. Wharton won three 250SX races from 2009-'13 and finished a career-high third overall in 250SX East Region points in 2013.

Since stepping away from racing, Wharton has attended college, focused on his music career, and is currently a contributor for Racer X Illustrated. 

We’ll have more details on his return when they are announced.

450 Main #1.JPG

http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/31/blake-wharton-returning-to-racing-with-munn-racing

• Like 3

Good for him and hope it goes well, also glad to see hes not going to be on the Alta Ebike.;)

I was just wondering the other day what happened to him.

• Like 1

Didn't him and his brother have a show in fuel TV years ago?

Expects to be in top 5 form by the end of the season after 3 years on the couch? :mellow:

Blake was a very talented rider, if his commitment to racing again is sincere, I see him doing very well.

11 hours ago, M1Garand said:

Blake was a very talented rider, if his commitment to racing again is sincere, I see him doing very well.

I am leaning towards him not making the main after 3 years off.  That is a very long time 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fryboy said:

I am leaning towards him not making the main after 3 years off.  That is a very long time 

I see it as the East isn't as stacked as the west is, so he should make the main no problem 

• Like 1

good to see him back...liked watching him back in his 250 days...he has a unique persona...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M1Garand said:

I see it as the East isn't as stacked as the west is, so he should make the main no problem 

True I hadn't thought about that.  I wish nothing but the best for him.  Hope he comes back in shape and gives us an underdog to root for 

• Like 1

per racer x...

BLAKE WHARTON — VARIOUS | OUT

Comment: Wharton’s return to racing won’t be happening this weekend. “My intention just two weeks ago was to be on the line at the season opener for the East series February 17 in Arlington, but we’ve been pushed back a round or two because I had practice crash that’s put me behind a bit,”

Not even one race, not a good start...