So I made the trade for my 450 to my new to me 16 250f

So I made another post asking about what all of you thought about trading my 11 yz450 for this 16 yz250f, and the guy came through tonight and we finalized it.

This bike looks in excellent condition, was one owner and trail ridden by his 50 year old father.  Overall I'm super happy to make the step down, when I ride the bike briefly the weight/width difference felt remarkable compared to my 450f. I feel it will be much better suited for me.  The decrease in power was quite a bit, more than I thought but I think it' more on my league than that over powered 450 I had.  The valves are a little loud, bikes showing 40 hours and never has had any valve adjustments so I'll do that this weekened but overall I'm happy....only thing I found wrong was one shroud bolt missing.  So happy to be moving to this part of the forum and can' wait to take this bad boy to the track after I tear it down, throw some tires on it, and prep it for the dirt.  It almost looks showroom worthy and has a clean title....also the yellows starting to grow on me 

20180131_201736.jpg

20180131_211150.jpg

Very nice.  I think you will have a bike you can ride anywhere, for a long time.

I'd be super surprised if the valves needed adjusted if the description you gave is accurate.  Looks clean. Congrats.

Looks good, congrats. 

Nice looking bike and I love the color scheme. I doubt the valves need any attention. I have 57 hours on a 15 WR250F and mine are still spot on the money and have never moved. I have checked them twice since new. I use the check as an excuse to put in a new spark plug annually lol

Yea I read somewhere the bikes are a little noisey on the top end, I saw the hour meter and it showed 40 hrs which is hard to believe because it looks like it has less than 10 hours to me.  Ofcourse anytime I get a new used bike I'm gonna go over it, grease it, fresh oil, filters, check the clearances just for piece of mind, it' so easy to do I figure why not while I'm in there.  

On 2/1/2018 at 0:38 PM, kxfreak said:

Yea I read somewhere the bikes are a little noisey on the top end, I saw the hour meter and it showed 40 hrs which is hard to believe because it looks like it has less than 10 hours to me.  Ofcourse anytime I get a new used bike I'm gonna go over it, grease it, fresh oil, filters, check the clearances just for piece of mind, it' so easy to do I figure why not while I'm in there.  

Well, I got in there to check the valve clearances while learning a little bit about this bikes tear down.   All the laces are "within" spec....but at the tightest part of the spectrum for the most part.  Luckily all the numbers after a quick shim should be at the top of the spectrum should be at .17-.18mm intake after a shim, and .22-.23mm exhaust clearence. 

Over head cam valves close up over time and get quieter as a result.

Leave them at the tighter end as its kinder to them as less 'slam' distance as they come off the cam

Edited by GuyGraham