Carburetor part help

I bought a bike and I've nothing but absolute shit luck, horrible. Check my original thread if you don't believe me 

Anyway enough of being butt hurt. I thought the bike was done after all that I had been through, but one night I forgot to turn the fuel off on the petcock and the next day I found a leak. It was coming from the lower bowl drain. I went ahead and ordered a new float needle, seat, and o-ring without taken the carb off. The parts came in so I took the carb off and found this garbage, how I didn't notice it before is beyond me and totally my fault. The float bowl is cracked, looks like you can't buy just it so I'm going to glue it because I'm done with this thing. The other bronze piece is what I'm having trouble finding. I can't seem to find it in the parts diagram. If the parts aren't serviceable I'll just reinstall them and hope for the best.

Also, all the fuel, (I assume vent lines) off the crab are super brittle. I have some fuel line that I use a lot for small gas engines and was wondering if it would be okay to use. It's got a little smaller inner and outer diameter, but will still stretch over the fittings. My concern is that I may restrict something with the smaller line. I found it just fine in the parts diagram, but they want ridiculous money for some fuel line. again, any help would be greatly appreciated. One day I will ride this thing even if it's just for an a couple of hours.

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

17 minutes ago, g steezy said:

I bought a bike and I've nothing but absolute shit luck, horrible. Check my original thread if you don't believe me 

Anyway enough of being butt hurt. I thought the bike was done after all that I had been through, but one night I forgot to turn the fuel off on the petcock and the next day I found a leak. It was coming from the lower bowl drain. I went ahead and ordered a new float needle, seat, and o-ring without taken the carb off. The parts came in so I took the carb off and found this garbage, how I didn't notice it before is beyond me and totally my fault. The float bowl is cracked, looks like you can't buy just it so I'm going to glue it because I'm done with this thing. The other bronze piece is what I'm having trouble finding. I can't seem to find it in the parts diagram. If the parts aren't serviceable I'll just reinstall them and hope for the best.

Also, all the fuel, (I assume vent lines) off the crab are super brittle. I have some fuel line that I use a lot for small gas engines and was wondering if it would be okay to use. It's got a little smaller inner and outer diameter, but will still stretch over the fittings. My concern is that I may restrict something with the smaller line. I found it just fine in the parts diagram, but they want ridiculous money for some fuel line. again, any help would be greatly appreciated. One day I will ride this thing even if it's just for an a couple of hours.

IMG_1167.JPG

That "brass " piece is not available as an individual part, best i can tell, It is part of the float bowl assembly 
For vent lines, use what ever you want that fits, is fuel resistant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Marquez said:

That "brass " piece is not available as an individual part, best i can tell, It is part of the float bowl assembly 
For vent lines, use what ever you want that fits, is fuel resistant

That's what I thought, I'm just going to let 'er roll then. I can't see me putting any more cash into this thing. All the hose I have is fuel line so I should be good to go there. I hate to patch it up like this, but I've spent too much money on this thing compared to what it's worth. Do you happen to know if there is supposed to be something coming from this brass fitting, either a cap or a vent line? Nothing has been on it.

Just now, g steezy said:

That's what I thought, I'm just going to let 'er roll then. I can't see me putting any more cash into this thing. All the hose I have is fuel line so I should be good to go there. I hate to patch it up like this, but I've spent too much money on this thing compared to what it's worth. Do you happen to know if there is supposed to be something coming from this brass fitting, either a cap or a vent line? Nothing has been on it.

I was looking at that... I have no fricking idea...lol  Id guess it is a bowl vent, ..the AP rod goes down into the bowl to the diaphragm ..that 90 nipple, the only thing i can think of is a vent..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Marquez said:

I was looking at that... I have no fricking idea...lol  Id guess it is a bowl vent, ..the AP rod goes down into the bowl to the diaphragm ..that 90 nipple, the only thing i can think of is a vent..

It ran fine without anything on it before, it should run fine without anything on it now lol. Thanks for your insight Erik.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Yeah its only a vent hose off that brass thing.

3948bd6d4c0cfe7f2ca42b9baa1c1b7bb1f4b894.png.0192869b604b72b20edb015543fc2b0b.png

Good catch, thanks.

• Like 1

:facepalm:   That's the accelerator pump plunger and that brass TEE is somebody's half assed rig , it doesn't even belong there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

:facepalm:   That's the accelerator pump plunger and that brass TEE is somebody's half assed rig , it doesn't even belong there. 

In this case I don't think so... It appears on this model FCR that part is "normal" 5a7396d7252e4_3948bd6d4c0cfe7f2ca42b9baa1c1b7bb1f4b894.png.0192869b604b72b20edb015543fc2b0b1.png.5aa198b91fc3e7042281202a82e724d3.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

NOPE , that's not what you're seeing in the diagram.

LOL, ok, and you know that how?  BTW, I ve never seen this part either and said as much many posts ago .. 
But I accept I have not seen every model of FCR carb made,,,seems kind of silly to say anyone has...

BTW, umm, what does this look like to you 5a7398c8a9b0d_keihin-fcr39-pilot-jet-upgrade-1539741.jpg.c7ee84a050197b5da75581c86a47144f.jpg

• Like 4

Look at his picture , it's a Keihin FCR and that is the accelerator pump. A TEE there would serve no purpose on the shaft of the pump plunger. 

1 minute ago, JoeRC51 said:

Look at his picture , it's a Keihin FCR and that is the accelerator pump. A TEE there would serve no purpose on the shaft of the pump plunger. 

You might want to look at the FCR bowl in the pic above... seems to disagree with your position dont ya think

• Like 1

:lame:  I realize you're just being argumentative , just Google Keihin FCR images.

An other alternative is to contact Frank at frankmxparts.com😉 He is very helpful and could probarbly give you an explenation..and maybe a solution to your questions.

• Like 2

I don’t know one way or the other so I’m staying out of it lol.

• Like 1

Another TTalker posted a Honda PN here for the fuel vent line. [url=http://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/95003-07008-60M]Partzilla[/url] has it for $14, I've bought this PN twice now, plenty of hose there even for a FCR carb like yours.

edit: not sure why my link code worked on the first URL and not the Partzilla one. Whatevs

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hick said:

Another TTalker posted a Honda PN here for the fuel vent line. [url=https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/95003-07008-60M]Partzilla[/url] has it for $14, I've bought this PN twice now, plenty of hose there even for a FCR carb like yours.

Thanks Hick! I’ll make sure my hoses are the same dimensions, if they are I’ll order some up.

38 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

:lame:  I realize you're just being argumentative , just Google Keihin FCR images.

LOL, Im only pointing out, the FCR bowl I just posted has a vac line T at the exact spot the OP's FCR bowl does.. or at least the pic seems to show that... 

Thats not argumentative, thats showing you the very thing you said does not exist, seems to exist... damn if I know why, never seen one in person, but what does that FCR bowl pic look like to you? 
Keihin made more then one model FCR , likely more then a 1000 models in many sizes and applications 
I don't claim to know why the manufacture added a vent port to the pump rod , you'd have to ask them... Do you speak Japanese? It might help 

• Like 3