2018 ktm 250xc vs husqvarna te 250

this is the third time posting this because the first time i didn't get any response and the second time my phone app just posted it in the wrong forum. so is appreciate hearing from you guys thanks

Ok in a couple of weeks I'm going to buy one of these bikes. I was just wondering why you're guys thoughts were on these bikes for my riding style and you're experiences? I am about 160 with gear on and ride mostly trail with a little bit of track now and then. I've always owned race bikes because I've always liked the feel of them but I think it's time to get more of a trail bike with electric start ha. The xc appeals to me because it has a gearing that I'm a little mor accustomed to. But are the aer 48 air forks better for me with my wheight or would the xplor forks be better. I picked these bikes because of the linkage and that's what I'd like to stay with . Hope to hear all you have to say. 

The AER forks are excellent forks. Generally, and because it a XC which is more if a hybrid for both the MX track and offroad, the forks will be valved stiffer to work good for both settings. As so with the transmission. The XCW has a wide-ratio 6spd with a lower 1/2nd gear for better trail crawling ability where as the XC has a close-ratio 6spd. The TE 250 is more so like a KTM XCW, the TX is the XC equivalent... Because you mention track time, I think the XC or TX 250 is a better option... 

• Like 1

I love my XC, which is my first woods oriented bike.  I've always had SX/Moto bikes.  Very pleased with it so far, track and woods. The AER forks have been great too.

15 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

The AER forks are excellent forks. Generally, and because it a XC which is more if a hybrid for both the MX track and offroad, the forks will be valved stiffer to work good for both settings. As so with the transmission. The XCW has a wide-ratio 6spd with a lower 1/2nd gear for better trail crawling ability where as the XC has a close-ratio 6spd. The TE 250 is more so like a KTM XCW, the TX is the XC equivalent... Because you mention track time, I think the XC or TX 250 is a better option... 

TX is only a 300cc. Basically a white xc with better bars,clamps and wheels.

• Like 1

I’m not the OP but I have some questions about AER forks too. How are the AER forks for strictly trail/woods riding? I already have an older XCW so I have PDS and OC forks but I was wanting a new 18 XC for the linkage and to try the AER forks.

7 minutes ago, Foul said:

I’m not the OP but I have some questions about AER forks too. How are the AER forks for strictly trail/woods riding? I already have an older XCW so I have PDS and OC forks but I was wanting a new 18 XC for the linkage and to try the AER forks.

My 17' tx300 suspension was pretty good but I came off TBT off-road/worcs valving on Honda showa suspension that was amazing! My first service 45ish hrs had him do some slight tweaking and it's way better. Super plush on the bottom (don't notice baseball size rocks) and doesn't bottom ( fast g-outs).