WR250f Headlight

Hey all! 

I have a 2002 WR250f that i am converting to be street legal and i am struggling to get the high low beam set up proper.  I bought a tusk enduro lighting kit that has a high low beam switch but i cant seem to get it figured out.  The bike has three wires coming out of the bike one was black one was blue and one is yellow.  Using my volt meter i cant figure out which is the ground.  Does anyone know which wire is the power wire? And which of the other two are needed? The light has three connections one for power and one for high and one for low. The enduro switch has three wires coming out of it one is black one is blue and one is white.  Does anyone what the trick to this could be?

Thanks a million! 

Black is almost always ground. Verify with v/ohm meter;  Should be no resistance.  Yellow is the hot wire for the light.  It will probably go to the high/low beam switch, and the two leads out of that will go to the bulb for high/low beams.  The light will still need a ground (black).  Yellow will also go to the trail light or to the rear brake light switch, along with the blue lead to the trail light.  Your kit should have a brake light switch for you to add to the system.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gary02
      So my little bro wants to go from four wheelers to bikes, I don't really know how the skills translate, he would prefer 4 stroke but he isn't to opposed to 2 smokers, I was thinking he should be ok on a 250f or 125 smoker, he has a raptor 350 been riding for about a year, I let him ride my old 230 he seemed like he was doing fine, would a 250f or 125 smoker be to much for him he thinks it would i think he will be fine though, what would you guys recommend?
    • By Jturn
      38MM Cast SmartCarb. Purchased a couple years ago for a yz250. Don't have the bike anymore, and it has been sitting around for about a year. Used, but in fine working condition. You can also purchase a different needle for different bikes, as well as rebuild kits from their website.
      Asking $250 shipped to continental United States. I can arrange other shipping options at the buyers expense.
    • By Loper135
      So I am going to buy a brand new ktm 150sx. Should I wait until the 2019 come out? When does the 2019’s come out? It is March 22, 2018 right now. I have the cash already,but want to make the right decision. Thank you.
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      Does anyone know how to, or if you can, change your AMA number? The race number, not the full thing. 
    • By Toby_S
      I got all of this stuff to make a second engine with electric start for my 2002 WR250F. Including complete electrical system.
      The only things that are missing is the left side case, and a battery.
      Included is a complete new valve train, and Hotcams. The valve seats were cut by my brother's shop, on a Newen machine, which is state of the art. I lapped the head on a granite surface plate - it's perfect.
      See pictures here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mpo/6512918268.html
      If you're interested, we can get into detail about it. I'm a serious mechanic, and I was totally going to do this, but I got a big bonus, and bought a KTM EXC 350 instead. Check my posts and history on Thumper Talk.