cr125 jetting

I just rebuilt the top end on my 2002 cr125and it runs great (for the most part). I have a slight issue with the bike though. My problem is I have the air screw at the stock setting, and the idle screw turned all the way in but the thing still doesn't want to idle. It's really crisp at idle but it doesn't idle like I said. I've tired playing with the fuel screw quite a bit turning it way out, way in, etc. with no change in the idle what so ever. I just rebuilt the carburetor and it was doing the same thing before I rebuilt it. Could my pilot jet be too big (or small)? Thanks. IMG_20180131_180853_932.jpg

Check your float height to make sure enough fuel is being pulled into the float bowl, its possible you might've accidentally put it in the wrong height when you rebuilt it, it happens haha..

I think the float height for my 1997 CR125 when I had it was 16mm but refer to a manual to be sure.

Ok thanks for the reply! I'll dig into it again and re check it and let you know if that's what it is or not.

16 minutes ago, skippercross said:

Well it's not the float... Not really sure what it could be. I'll have to play with jetting.

You could try pulling off the intake manifold and checking the reeds or chips or if they are stuck open, sounds like a fuel problem so it can't be much other than the carb or the intake, good luck!

You could try pulling off the intake manifold and checking the reeds or chips or if they are stuck open, sounds like a fuel problem so it can't be much other than the carb or the intake, good luck!

That's exactly what I was thinking, appreciate it. Thanks again!
  • Like 1