xr200 max rider weight and height?

What is the max weight and height for a rider on a XR200 87-91 with the better suspension?

I don't know if there is a "max weight" amd height. 

I mean you could weigh 400lbs and the xr200 would get you around. The bike wouldn't like that too much, but it'd get you from point A to B. 

The more you weigh the less performance it'll have and the less fun you'll have with it. 

I weigh about 215lbs, 6' tall, had the suspension built for 210lbs, and it gets me around great and feels great. Hauls ass in the open, takes jumps, pulls me up inclines, chugs along through the slow stuff. 

If you like the bike and it doesn't fit you so well, you can get bar risers, modify foot peg location, and I've seen where guys have built up the padding in their seat to make the seat higher. 

• Like 1

Woul

2 hours ago, Daniel627 said:

I don't know if there is a "max weight" amd height. 

I mean you could weigh 400lbs and the xr200 would get you around. The bike wouldn't like that too much, but it'd get you from point A to B. 

The more you weigh the less performance it'll have and the less fun you'll have with it. 

I weigh about 215lbs, 6' tall, had the suspension built for 210lbs, and it gets me around great and feels great. Hauls ass in the open, takes jumps, pulls me up inclines, chugs along through the slow stuff. 

If you like the bike and it doesn't fit you so well, you can get bar risers, modify foot peg location, and I've seen where guys have built up the padding in their seat to make the seat higher. 

What modifications did you make or adjust to make the suspension work for you?  Did you modify or adjust the stock suspension?

43 minutes ago, wazzabie said:

Woul

What modifications did you make or adjust to make the suspension work for you?  Did you modify or adjust the stock suspension?

Mark Atterberry at Cannon RaceCraft here in OKC rebuilt and revalved the shock and forks for me.

The forks are '85 XR250R forks with disk brake. 

They made springs specific to my weight, and revalved them. That involved welding up the holes in the damper rods and drilling new holes of different sizes. I don't remember exactly what he did to the shock, but I think it was along the same lines. 

I have the 87-91 xr200 which allegedly has the better stock shock setup and higher ride height

11 minutes ago, wazzabie said:

I have the 87-91 xr200 which allegedly has the better stock shock setup and higher ride height

I suggest you give Bruce Triplett a call to discuss options.  When it comes to XRs and CRF230s Bruce is THE MAN.

Bruce's Suspension Service
350 Skysail Road
Salisbury, NC 28146
(704) 637-3675

brucetriplett@bellsouth.net
http://www.brucessuspension.net

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bruces-Suspension-322882327911267/reviews

In the early 90s a bunch of us had XR200s as play bikes. 
We'd ride those bikes just like we rode our real motocross bikes on tracks.
One guy must have weighed 300 lbs, I was 190.
Never had any problem with any of those bikes and we jumped like they were real MX-ers all the time.

• Like 1

Sometime after I had gotten my new CBR600RR in '08, I was getting parts for one of our Western Star's, and the parts guy was telling me how he rode a GSXR 600. He was probably 5'5"-5'6", between 400-450lbs. All I could think was "damn, that poor bike". I think if his bike could talk, it would've screamed at him to get off. 

I think people should be realistic when selecting a bike to ride, and think about the quality of ride they want. 

I could ride an xr100, and it would get me around decently, but I'm not gonna have the fun I would on a bigger bike suited for my size.