Just got a carb from a buddy of mine and it seems strange. It's supposed to be from a 94-96 yz250, and it does say PWM etched in the body but it has the "airstriker" fins. Everywhere i looked shows PWM's as not having fins and only PWK's with or without fins. I have a 2000 CR250 38 PWK airstriker, and this carb doesn't look that different other than the bore. I took the thing apart and it has genuine Keihin jets (45, 168) and #5 slide, forget the needle number. 

Did PWM's ever come "airstriker"? 

That didn't provide any useful information. I'll take some pics and measurements. 

On 2/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, PitSmoker said:

Just got a carb from a buddy of mine and it seems strange. It's supposed to be from a 94-96 yz250, and it does say PWM etched in the body but it has the "airstriker" fins. Everywhere i looked shows PWM's as not having fins and only PWK's with or without fins. I have a 2000 CR250 38 PWK airstriker, and this carb doesn't look that different other than the bore. I took the thing apart and it has genuine Keihin jets (45, 168) and #5 slide, forget the needle number. 

Did PWM's ever come "airstriker"? 

Yes but they are very rare, I've seen a pic or two prior to yours. Think yours (id#36E2) was stock on the 98' RM 125 (may be the only airstriker version ever made) think it came with 55 pilot, 175 main and needle R1470ms? By the looks of your inlet bell i'd guess its a 36mm bore but you could verify by measuring the inside diameter of the outlet. Don't think the YZ-250 PWM's were airstrikers, and most likely had bores of at least 38mm's.  

Yes the needle was a R1470ms, but it had 45 pilot, 168 main. Those were probably changed out, but were genuine keihin jets. 

All the YZ250 Carbs In the 90's were either mikuni's or PWM's but can't find any with airstriker. 

Thanks for the input.