You know you are spending too much $ on bikes when...

You know you are spending too much $ on dirt bikes when...you receive a spreadsheet from your wife tallying your moto expenses, then a Motosport parts rep contacts you to ask how he can help you shop more. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 15

1 hour ago, markmc2 said:

giphy.gif

Haha true story - opened my wallet up in a bank once and a moth flew out 

• Like 6

When you have $2000 in bills and your check is $1500 but you need Moto Parts, and you say.  Hmm the electric company won't turn the Power off for 2 months and they won't repo my truck until the 3rd month soooo, You Hit Buy now on everything you have in your shopping cart. 😁👍 

Edited by Trail_Dude
  • Like 8

When you have a secret bank account specifically for bikes. Cash hidden away so you can pay for your parts with said cash and only use the credit card for partial payments so that your partner thinks your spending is under control. This isn’t the way I roll but I’ve heard stories from others.

• Like 12

I keep a stash of money for just in case. That i know i could at least do a motor rebuild if it happened.

• Like 2

No idea what we spend when we get new bikes, the wife buys them. 

• Like 3

Check out my signature line.....Completely true, and one day I am gonna' stop off at the court house and print off a transcript  ( frame it). :thumbsup::busted:

Joe

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wild Alaskan said:

you make a couple of these...

stud retouch.jpg

well at least you live in Alaska...if I built an ice bike in Central TX...I would need serious help!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, racerx217 said:

No idea what we spend when we get new bikes, the wife buys them. 

Holy shit! Can my wife get lessons on being a proper Moto Wife, from yours? 

• Like 3

When you place an order and 5 minutes later realize you need another part and place another order and then a hour later realize you need yet another part....and you have to spen 99 everytime for free shipping lol

• Like 11

You guys have it easy.  Try having a bike, then having two sleds that run $12000-14000 pre upgrades, upgrades range from $3000-4000, that you run no less than 6 months of the year, between 50-60 days riding.  None of my gear is ever more than 2 years old and I have two, if not three of everything.  Each day of riding runs anywhere from $200-300 when you factor in truck fuel, hotel, food, sled fuel and oil, regular wear items like belts, (I got through 4-5 a year at $200 each), then unforeseen parts, broken stuff, not to mention a $5000+ sled deck which is a one time purchase every few years as they do wear out, and a $85,000 one ton diesel truck lol

Edited by takethebounce
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Subnormal451 said:

The only way I'd let my wife tell me what I can spend is the day she makes more money than me!

......So you too are single, eh?:smirk:

Joe

• Like 9