You know you are spending too much $ on bikes when...

10 minutes ago, ron_m said:

Well, if it makes you guys feel any better about your bike related spending, I will confess that I have dropped over $55K on 9 bikes, gear, tools, etc. since February of 2003. It really does add up. The good thing is that I pay myself first, such as saving 25% of my income, and that way I don’t feel so guilty about blowing a lot of money on my hobby. I never let our house, vehicles and necessities take a back seat to my hobby. I have worked very hard over the years to put myself in a position to have some fun after handling all of my important responsibilities. You have to enjoy the fruits of your labor after covering the important things in life.

That is just sensible spending there. ?

• Like 5

When you have one really good bike, and still justify buying another one just because it's a two stroke.  Like it would be immoral not to have a two stroke and a four stroke. Lol.  You're wife's supportive so far but you're so addicted... you keep searching Craigslist for fun, and spot your dream bike with $6000 in aftermarket parts and upgrades and buy it.  You can't tell her because it's a week before Christmas.  Now U have three bikes, and hide the new one in your buddies garage.  Word spreads through the riding community that you have three, and have to call as many as you can and make them promise that they and their wives can't tell your wife until you sell one of the other two.  The rest of the story has yet to unfold lol

• Like 9

On 2/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, Dklassen said:

When you have a secret bank account specifically for bikes. Cash hidden away so you can pay for your parts with said cash and only use the credit card for partial payments so that your partner thinks your spending is under control. This isn’t the way I roll but I’ve heard stories from others.

Oh the whole stash money thing? I hate to admit it, but that IS me. Even have a separate credit card. I try not to hit it too much though. Just for the big stuff. I hope I don’t have a problem...

• Like 1

When the parts manager calls to inform you that he is relocating to a different dealership and spends 30 minutes on the phone with you ?

When you receive a Christmas card thanking you for your business when your friends who shop at the same shop receive nothing ?  Well ok this one was a gun shop but still...lol.

When you have one really good bike, and still justify buying another one just because it's a two stroke.  Like it would be immoral not to have a two stroke and a four stroke. Lol.  You're wife's supportive so far but you're so addicted... you keep searching Craigslist for fun, and spot your dream bike with $6000 in aftermarket parts and upgrades and buy it.  You can't tell her because it's a week before Christmas.  Now U have three bikes, and hide the new one in your buddies garage.  Word spreads through the riding community that you have three, and have to call as many as you can and make them promise that they and their wives can't tell your wife until you sell one of the other two.  The rest of the story has yet to unfold lol

Omg I used to hide my bikes too, then gradually bring them home and say what new bike? I had that for a while! Now wifey is getting to smart and saying, " No, the other one was Red, this one is Green!" Then my reply, I got new plastics!![emoji23] lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 5

You boys approached this all wrong from the start. When you start a journey you gotta have the end in mind. Marry a racer! Raced ATV's and dirtbikes together for years when we first got married. 15 years later and it's all good when I "need" a new bike, or "need" a $1000 suspension upgrade. Christmas and birthday gifts? It's all gear, parts, and tools baby! No sweaters under my tree[emoji4]

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ernie Allen said:

You boys approached this all wrong from the start. When you start a journey you gotta have the end in mind. Marry a racer! Raced ATV's and dirtbikes together for years when we first got married. 15 years later and it's all good when I "need" a new bike, or "need" a $1000 suspension upgrade. Christmas and birthday gifts? It's all gear, parts, and tools baby! No sweaters under my tree

Only problem with that is that I've never seen a single, middle aged, female dirt bike racer. 

33 minutes ago, Ernie Allen said:

You boys approached this all wrong from the start. When you start a journey you gotta have the end in mind. Marry a racer! Raced ATV's and dirtbikes together for years when we first got married. 15 years later and it's all good when I "need" a new bike, or "need" a $1000 suspension upgrade. Christmas and birthday gifts? It's all gear, parts, and tools baby! No sweaters under my tree

If we both battled dirt bike addiction we wouldn’t eat, pay the mortgage and our kids would get taken away. I need one “sober” adult in the relationship.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, indy rider said:

Only problem with that is that I've never seen a single, middle aged, female dirt bike racer. 

And if you do find one, there IS a reason why she's a, "single, middle aged, female dirt bike racer."  Run away, run away fast!!!

• Like 1