1985 SR250

I just recorded  MECUM auctions motorcycle night to find that Jeff Wards 1985 SR 250 sold for $48,000.00  It got me to thinking, if money was no object, and i could NOT sell the " DIRT BIKE "  what would it be... HMMMMMM. So many bikes from the past that i would love to see in my garage. Some vintage MAICO comes to mind. Perhaps an old KTM or Penton, or Husky. What do ya got???

1 hour ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

I dont own it but wish i did - 81 SR500

Owned & raced once for Kawasaki by local mechanic Trevor Williams

Everything hand built

Only thing stock is front mudguard & levers

:worthy:

PB130051.JPG.c467de69f9c8536bcd7d26594e4f63fc.JPG

Look at that tiny silencer and small pipe lol.  I bet that thing would be so damn scary. Mellow would not describe the powerband lol. Is that the silencer or shock reservoir ?

Edited by mrpike18
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrpike18 said:

Look at that tiny silencer and small pipe lol.  I bet that thing would be so damn scary. Mellow would not describe the powerband lol. Is that the silencer or shock reservoir ?

Thats actually the rear shock reservoir

It would be TORQUE all the way to the moon

• Like 1

This isn't RACE, but I have a 1913 Reading Standard.  It actually runs although it needs one tire and a drive belt (leather).  Not sure what it's worth but I heard the pickers say the value of this vintage of bike has actually dropped recently.  They are guessing tatted hipsters aren't interested in anything that old.

22 hours ago, mrpike18 said:

I just recorded  MECUM auctions motorcycle night to find that Jeff Wards 1985 SR 250 sold for $48,000.00  It got me to thinking, if money was no object, and i could NOT sell the " DIRT BIKE "  what would it be... HMMMMMM. So many bikes from the past that i would love to see in my garage. Some vintage MAICO comes to mind. Perhaps an old KTM or Penton, or Husky. What do ya got???

This one. Joel's Suzuki, hands down. Ake's Maico a close 2nd.

s-l1600.jpg.5f559bffdaf7cc4ce5e70bb22eca9d5a.jpg4-Ake-Jonsson-Maico-7-9-15.jpg.df70fec441c9591e768dddb341b87bf6.jpg

• Like 3