Thoughts on the magura hydro kit?

Looking for some input on the magura hydro retrofit kit. GMTECH I know you’re coming in here lol. I’ve always wondered about it but I’ve been skeptical to how well it could possible work from examining its design. Well I bit the bullet and finally gave into my curiosity. I installed it tonight and it actually feels really really good. It cut the pull effort by 50%. The only think I don’t like is how loose it is in the cable block, you can see it taking up the space upon engagement and I feel that if the slave cylinder were completely secure it might even feel better. I haven’t ridden the bike yet but I just want to see who loves it and who hates it. My main objective here was to alleviate the constant adjusting that comes with riding a 450 in the woods.

I'm actually very tempted to save up/bite the bullet on a Hymec kit for my WR450F.

I used to ride a KTM 450 and the hydraulic clutch was great, I think I had a long enough period between owning the KTM and the WR that I forgot exactly how good the hydraulic clutch felt, but it's definitely something I think $200 is worth.

Was there not a space you could put on the slave cylinder to make it not have any slack?

I have magura hydro on my YZ250X, after almost 100 problem free hrs I will never own a Yamaha without one from here on out..  Great upgrade for sure..:ride:

Edited by Nevada Al

I've got Maguras on both my bikes.  I love them.

I have had the Magura hydro clutch on my WR for years. Hundreds of hours and not a single issue.

Magura clutch on my CR250, CRF450 and used on numerous other bikes

P.S. the biggest problem is poor instruction, missed product for your needs, sending several adapters for multiple bikes with no identifier, not fitting aftermarket clutches without shimming. But despite that I love the finished product.

I'm actually very tempted to save up/bite the bullet on a Hymec kit for my WR450F.
I used to ride a KTM 450 and the hydraulic clutch was great, I think I had a long enough period between owning the KTM and the WR that I forgot exactly how good the hydraulic clutch felt, but it's definitely something I think $200 is worth.
Was there not a space you could put on the slave cylinder to make it not have any slack?

It does come with spacers but if I put in a spacer it will take up the free play. On these you still need a little free play to be sure there’s no pressure on the clutch when it’s engaged