DIY / home made light bar brackets

Finally going to do a light bar set up on my FX this year. Would like to see anyone's custom / diy / home made brackets. Type of materials used, how much fabrication, etc.

Probably going to do a main light bar above or in front of the number plate, possibly a couple small pods ( for back up) off to the side, maybe on the barkbusters. Going to have a helmet light as well.

• Like 1

I have these GYTR bark busters for sale.. the mount works great for a light bar. 8” bar fits nicely. 

ED96570D-46E0-431D-8D5F-7B8107371A7F.jpeg

• Like 1

You could mount something from your pinch bolts. Just get some flat stock then cut, bend, drill your holes, and be on your way. Maybe even make a top anchor point to keep it from shaking around at higher speeds or hard hits.

IMG_0352.jpg

Piece of flat stock cut and drilled. Longer front bar clamp bolts with spacers underneath the flat stock.

• Like 1

Ya I recently got some of these 36W LEDS and for a quick test just mounted on the fender but have been looking at options to move the light higher up cus its to low on the fender (but its plenty bight enough :) ) so thanks for the pics cus they've given my idea's I hadn't thought of and my main concern was dealing with the front brake line :thumbsup:

20171004_165530-upper.jpg.2eb01e6cc5b5b5e19002a2a6db101306.jpg

My buddy has a full machine shop so I'm planning on taking the bike etc over can fabbing something up BUT the weather in the PWN has been MONSOON raining for the last month and haven't been motivated.

5 hours ago, cooldudesmd said:

IMG_0352.jpg

Piece of flat stock cut and drilled. Longer front bar clamp bolts with spacers underneath the flat stock.

looks like that might hurt a bit in a hard crash

• Like 2

Unfortunately i have to agree but options on mounting were limited. It doesn’t stick up quite as high as it looks (note cross bar and pad isn’t on in that pic. They normally are). Being a 650 dual sporter I’m just a little more careful about what i try for that reason, heavier weight, etc.

• Like 1