230 Rear Shock Spring Rate

I'm considering using the stock spring as a donor for another project though the rate needs to be close to make it all work. I think its below 10kg but have not found any specs on it.

According to CRFsOnly:

Heavy Duty Shock Springs

Custom developed by BBR Motorsports for the ultimate upgrade for mini four-strokes. Sized perfectly for adult back-yard racing or fast/aggressive mini riders.

• 30% stiffer than stock at 12.5kg (stock is 9.0kg)
• Preset and stress relieved for long life
• Custom wound from aircraft quality spring steel 
• Powder coated finish

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

According to CRFsOnly:

Heavy Duty Shock Springs

Custom developed by BBR Motorsports for the ultimate upgrade for mini four-strokes. Sized perfectly for adult back-yard racing or fast/aggressive mini riders.

• 30% stiffer than stock at 12.5kg (stock is 9.0kg)
• Preset and stress relieved for long life
• Custom wound from aircraft quality spring steel 
• Powder coated finish

Great that's within range. I rebuilt and restacked a XR350 shock, the spring is 10.3kg - way too stiff so can't tell how well it's working.  The 230 has less coils and smaller diameter windings so it makes sense. I may need to cut the 230 spring down about a 1/2 " though.  

Edited by firsthere

5 hours ago, tiemann1 said:

https://www.teknikmotorsport.com/complist/honda/crf-230-f/                   Or maybe 10.50 kg/mm?   Or you could call Racetech and ask them, not listed on their website, but they will have the answer if you call them.  RT  (951) 279-6655.  Good luck.

Saw that site and it didn't make sense given the smaller mass of the 230 spring. Possibly it is heat treated differently though.