17’ & 18’ KTM 500 kickstand bolt

The dealer replaced mined with a longer Torx flathead. 

• Like 1

That's what he told me. I went to the PMB stand. The bike weighed 231 bare bones new. By the time I got it ready for desert trekking it's up to 260 with all the protection, HD tubes, etc. That doesn't include gear & extra fuel loading. Stock stand would be fine for trail use up to 250 lbs if you were careful.

Sorry.............

Edited by Burnrider

I can tell you there are no problems with the 12-16 ktm kickstands. Not sure on the earlier Ktm’s though.

• Like 1

The bolt has broken off on the wife's 2016 350 EXC-F and I'm at a loss as to how to get something that works back on her bike. Pretty shite design from KTM, given how careful she is with what they claim is  sidestand!

Help?

The problem with the bolt on my 17 Husky kickstand is the auto retract feature - which means touch the bike, the kickstand retracts and the bike falls on the floor if you don't catch it first.  Disabling that with the shorter bolt that comes in the parts kit was the first mod I made to mine.

The bushing on my kickstand broke around 600 hours, this allowed the chain to reach over and eat through about half of the kickstand, before I figured out what was going on. So a new $15 bushing, and my half eaten through kickstand, is still going. But eventually I'll get a new oem stand some day.

But, don't sit  or (kick start) the bike on the stand, I did that at times in the early hours, which probably fatigued that bushing.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:01 PM, StevetheSnake said:

I’ll have to take it out and look at it I guess. I’m not sure what the issue was on the other models. Bolt is too short?

I'm almost 6'1"  :smirk:

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Deepseadan said:

I can tell you there are no problems with the 12-16 ktm kickstands. Not sure on the earlier Ktm’s though.

Curious how you can make that claim. :excuseme:

PMB sells a LOT of kickstands...  Others have gotten into the kickstand replacement business largely because of KTM.  Different years have had different issues.  

Firstly never stand on the bike with the kickstand.  Never kick start the bike on the kickstand.  Everyone says they never do.  pfft :smirk:

When you buy one of these all those issues seem to be resolved. 

X002.jpg