Smashed my clutch cover

I took a little spill, laid my bike on its right side and the brake lever dented/punctured my clutch cover. I haven’t removed it yet but doesn’t look good. A new cover costs $115. I may be able to get it welded but it’s cast and soaked with oil, dented and possibly warped so sealing concerns, not sure. I was thinking before I drop $115 maybe there’s a better after market solution. Could anyone recommend a better after market cover? Thanks

It’s magnesium aluminum mix material

I don’t think you’ll find a welder willing to take it on if you do make sure you let them know it’s a magnesium mixture

New cover $79

IMG_7563.thumb.jpg.12911ddbf237861e7fd0b3227a1eca8a.jpg

Or get an aftermarket one for $160

No idea if it’s stronger or not, never broke an OEM one that had a case cover on it..... and rocks and stumps have tried

If you go with oem put a case cover on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Erik Marquez said:

It’s magnesium aluminum mix material

I don’t think you’ll find a welder willing to take it on if you do make sure you let them know it’s a magnesium mixture

New cover $79
IMG_7563.jpg

Or get an aftermarket one
If you go with oem put a case cover on it

Thanks, that's a lot better price than I found and thanks for the info on the material. I just cleaned it up, it's toast. Doesn't look like it was the brake lever though, looks like a rock hit it just right, weird.

Thanks, that's a lot better price than I found and thanks for the info on the material. I just cleaned it up, it's toast. Doesn't look like it was the brake lever though, looks like a rock hit it just right, weird.

The trick is
Parts like this are common to all DRZ motors that includes the 2003 MY so the Kawasaki KLX400 parts apply..
That’s why the part above i pictured is cheaper

56 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Invest in some TT case savers with the new cover!

Gee ya think?

Gee ya think?

Yes I do. Might as well file that shifter edge down too if you haven't already.
  • Like 1