450SXF Won't Fire Right Up After Stall

2015 450sxf.  Once warmed up if I stall I can't just pull clutch and it fire right up.  Typically have to get into neutral and sometimes pull choke to start.  Clutch doesnt appears to be dragging (it's not lunging when it cranks or anything).  Does this sound like a clutch issue?  Valves need adjusting?  Any thoughts?

What is your idle RPM?

Should be 2250-2450, if too far below that, you'll get what you're describing.

My .02

Its an SX issue - they dont like starting in gear

At 2350, all six of the fi sxf's that I've owned will start in gear, when stalled, when hot.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, yzrider53 said:

At 2350, all six of the fi sxf's that I've owned will start in gear, when stalled, when hot.

they still dont like stating gear no matter how many youve owned

• Like 1

I would check/set the throttle position sensor. Any starting hesitation I have  rode were fixed by adjusting sensor.

My 16 450sxf fires right up....in gear...hot...with the Rekluse clutch set for enough drag to move the bike when in gear.

Edited by Scoott
  • Like 1

they still dont like stating gear no matter how many youve owned

Not sure what problems you've had but my 15 and 17 sxf start no problem hot/cold in gear or not. It really depends on if your using a good cranking battery. Iv been using Shorai for 3 years and my bikes have started flawlessly.
  • Like 1

I had a 250sxf with same problem. I replaced the fuel injector and now starts first time after a stall. 

My 350 had this issue, When i first got my 2016 450SX-F i would stall it and it would take a few cranks to turn back on, i pin it down to a shitty battery. KTM puts a garbage battery in their bikes safe for the 18's. Replace it and restarting issues will be a thing of the past.