Motominded Squadron Pro on 18 Beat Xtrainer flickering badly on the gas

I purchased a AC carbbed Squadron Pro from Motominded last week for my essentially new 2018 Beta 300 Xtrainer 2 stroke. See product here Motominded

The new LED light is still flickering badly on throttle despite swapping out the rectifier with new one Baja Design sent.

Measured 13.6 dc volt output across red and black wires (after rectifier) at idle and on the throttle with light disconnected.

What can I do to get this working properly ie. without flickering? I'd prefer not to return light but if I cant stop the flickering will need to! Do I need a capacitor to smooth out the current? 

0203181457.jpg

0203181457_HDR.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac

31 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

Damn, sorry to hear as I'm looking to get one for my '18 Beta. My buddy started making these bezels for those lights. Pissed me off motominded never made one. https://www.dirtyjdesigns.com/collections/moto/products/beta-headlight-bezel

Thanks for the heads-up and the link.  I just may need to get one of those as I have the MotoMinded Squadron Pro and that piece would finish it off quite nicely. 

How does it mount?  

2 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

Thanks for the heads-up and the link gaortiz.  I just ordered a white one now.  Flipping awesome price and it looks perfect. 

I am going to like it so much, I'm going to start a thread with the link in it so we can all find it a whole lot easier.  I'd have never known about it had you not posted your reply, thanks. 

How does it mount?  

I believe it just clips in. Are you on the Facebook group "Beta Motorcycle Group"?

I believe it just clips in. Are you on the Facebook group "Beta Motorcycle Group"?

My buddy who makes it is on there and can answer questions better than me.

No, I'm not on facebook at all.  
I was just curious about how it stays on, but if it clips in, even better.  I'll just wait for it to come as I ordered it right after I saw the link you had shared.  

It is pliable so it easily bends/snaps in place with the molded lip that is contiguous around the outside. I grabbed a white and black one a while back, and think I like the look of black better with the white Baja light inside of it. Got tested Sat with some decent mud puddles and it sure helped keep some splashing from getting back in behind the light. Doesn’t seal the opening, but it fills in the gap well for the $.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cahaba said:

It is pliable so it easily bends/snaps in place with the molded lip that is contiguous around the outside. I grabbed a white and black one a while back, and think I like the look of black better with the white Baja light inside of it. Got tested Sat with some decent mud puddles and it sure helped keep some splashing from getting back in behind the light. Doesn’t seal the opening, but it fills in the gap well for the $.

Thanks.  

I like the snap-inability of the piece.  No drilling or cutting.  Simple is good for me. 

That it will keep out something is nice.  I love that it just looks better than nothing around the square light.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 4:09 PM, MarantzManiac said:

I purchased a AC carbbed Squadron Pro from Motominded last week for my essentially new 2018 Beta 300 Xtrainer 2 stroke. See product here Motominded

The new LED light is still flickering badly on throttle despite swapping out the rectifier with new one Baja Design sent.

Measured 13.6 dc volt output across red and black wires (after rectifier) at idle and on the throttle with light disconnected.

What can I do to get this working properly ie. without flickering? I'd prefer not to return light but if I cant stop the flickering will need to! Do I need a capacitor to smooth out the current? 

Sorry to hear about the issue. (just noticing this thread)
hopefully you resolved it with us.
We have seen 12 Beta carbbed bikes that can not make at least 9v to fire up the LED reliably. We have sold close to 100 of the Squadron kits for carbbed Beta bikes with the AC rectifier.
The issue has been random from the stator, to a corroded light switch to the resistor recall that many have seen.

If we have not resolved this, please shoot us an email or call.

• Like 1