2010 KX250f - won’t start, cold start

I bought a 2010 KX250f from a guy who bought the bike brand new back in 2010 (only had 1 owner). The guy put a high compression piston in this bike. Also he was pretty much running straight race gas because when he took it to the shop, they must have messed with the jets because they weren’t stock anymore. 

I got new jets. Currently at...........………Pilot Jet - 42. Main Jet 185

I’ve messed with my air screw and tried a few things out but I still have to kick my bike like 30 times before it finally starts! The piston is supposed to be high compression but it doesn’t feel that way. I’m thinking of just replacing it and going back to stock??? Any thoughts? 

Ive read that valve clearance is an issue with this year bike... Also that Kawis need a little throttle when you kick. It ends up flooding every time. Send help please!! 

- check valves. Nb not an issue with this year of bike. Standard maintenance on any four stroke

- to start, turn idle speed up (not fuel screw). Turn idle speed screw 1/2 turn. Once started and warmed, back it off 1/2 turn

- do NOT turn throttle when starting. Makes it worse, more difficult to start, causes flooding.

• 2 weeks later...