IraqvetUSMC

Cheap eBay wheel set?

The broken English sounds like my email reply back lol. But they had my colors. I will just PC my hubs and get Tusk rims and spokes and it will be just a little more than the Chinese stuff but probably be worth it. Just hope the PC hubs don’t chip for some dumb reason. You can’t anodize stock hubs because they are aluminum and cast.

Have you looked into cerakote? I have read it’s much tougher than powder coat.

I actually have 2 sets of the ebay wheels, 1 set only has 25hrs the other is 60hrs plus. I compared the tusk and other brands before buying these. The tusk hub looked identical to the Chinese ones so I took it that these came off the same assembly line. 

So far quality has been perfect, few loose spokes but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll post comparison pic shortly of my hub with a Tusk one.

But the main question, is would I buy them again, and Yeah I would, used to run Talon and Excel before but really happy with these.

Have you looked into cerakote? I have read it’s much tougher than powder coat.

I have never heard of that. I will have to check it out.

I actually have 2 sets of the ebay wheels, 1 set only has 25hrs the other is 60hrs plus. I compared the tusk and other brands before buying these. The tusk hub looked identical to the Chinese ones so I took it that these came off the same assembly line. 
So far quality has been perfect, few loose spokes but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll post comparison pic shortly of my hub with a Tusk one.
But the main question, is would I buy them again, and Yeah I would, used to run Talon and Excel before but really happy with these.

Glad to hear some good feedback about them. My thoughts are with today’s cnc machines it wouldn’t be hard to mass produce rims and hubs at a decent price. I may still consider them if you have 60hrs on a set and no issues.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:57 PM, db330 said:

I am hoping that the KKE Ebay Wheels are identical to the Tusk.  I have heard good things about the Tusk but Rocky Mountain is going to be out of stock for the next 2 months on the Tusk KTM 85 Super Mini Wheels so I ordered the KKE from Ebay.  

They look the same and the specs are the same.  db330 if you have a pic comparing the two please share.  

If your tight on money like me,give it a try.
Any reviews on the Ebay site?
Pay via PayPal because paypal goes 180 days warranty

I haven’t really seen any reviews on the KKE wheels but they have replied to quickly through email and seem legit. They are a little cheaper through KKE website than the eBay suppliers. I think I am going to give them a try this summer. Might try some small jumps first lol.

Save up some money and get some good wheels. Check out pro wheel brand wheel sets. For a complete set ready to bolt on and go are about 900 bucks. It includes everything rotors front and rear, sprocket,  tires and tubes

• Like 1

Save up some money and get some good wheels. Check out pro wheel brand wheel sets. For a complete set ready to bolt on and go are about 900 bucks. It includes everything rotors front and rear, sprocket,  tires and tubes

I’m on a super tight budget and $900 is way to much. Plus I don’t get to ride very often. I rode twice last summer lol.

3 minutes ago, IraqvetUSMC said:

I’m on a super tight budget and $900 is way to much. Plus I don’t get to ride very often. I rode twice last summer lol.

I get the money situation. If your current wheels are still ok to ride on then use those and save up. If that Ebay set is 450 and you can get those now then saving another 450 shouldn't take to long. Also check out craigslist and facebook market place for people selling a used wheel set. Good luck and bbbrrraaappp

Im not totally against these KKE wheels until I try them. one of the big mags did a test on DNA wheels that were in the $500 ball park and said they were a great cheaper option. I’ll write back or do a review after a few rides on them this summer.

• Like 1

I got a DNA wheel set for my CR woods bike. Black rim red hubs, super heavy duty spokes and good bearings. They have held up great and I would buy them again. Think I paid just about $500 at my dealer.

I got a DNA wheel set for my CR woods bike. Black rim red hubs, super heavy duty spokes and good bearings. They have held up great and I would buy them again. Think I paid just about $500 at my dealer.

That’s exactly the news I wanted to hear lol. Im sure the KKE are no different than DNA, both made in China. CNC has been around for awhile, you would think by now a decent wheel could be made for fairly cheap.

I actually just took the plunge and bought KKE wheels for my KTM.  I doubt these are any different then the China TUSK, DNA wheels.  I hopefully will have them in a couple days.  I know everyone says run away but they have actual no real experience with the wheels.  But from the people that do have them they seem to actually like them.  We will see...

8 minutes ago, hotwhls said:

I actually just took the plunge and bought KKE wheels for my KTM.  I doubt these are any different then the China TUSK, DNA wheels.  I hopefully will have them in a couple days.  I know everyone says run away but they have actual no real experience with the wheels.  But from the people that do have them they seem to actually like them.  We will see...

Thanks Hotwheels.  Let me know the quality.  I have a hunch that they are the same as Tusk but not sure. 

On 2/19/2019 at 5:58 AM, UPSWR450 said:

Includes tires and tubes too?

Definitely let us know how they are bud. I planned on getting the black and green set with the green nipples for $470 for my KX. I have no experience with after market wheels but I think your right as far as it all being pretty similar as far as the China stuff goes. And yes the ones that say to stay away have never used them. Do they were that bad they wouldn’t have been around this long and would have law suits filed against them I would think.

1 hour ago, shrubitup said:

Includes tires and tubes too?

Yes when you get them bolt them on and go

lets be honest here.

Black powder coating does not stand a chance in hell against not looking like shit in two rides.

Anodizing is some tough shit, but, in a year it will look like shit, sand blasted looking, little specks of silver, tire iron marks, and if your real lucky a nice stripe from dropping the bike and having the perfect rock in the perfect place for the rim to rotate against while the bike stays running.

so black for motorcycle rims are STUPID

on to the hubs,

I know for a Honda ALL aftermarket hubs are in fact heavier, and you don't see people breaking hubs, except for a select few KTM? that used to come with only one bearing on the drive side.

Chances are you will end up with a heavier (does make a difference due to the gyroscopic effect of a wheel) weaker pile of junk wheel that will look like dogs duke in no time flat.

Have an excel or did dirt star laced up to your stock hub

or find a trashed used wheel on ebay for 50$ and have a rim laced to it,  you can pimp it out with dubya spokes and spline drive nipples that are impossible to strip for the long haul.

Edited by EnglertRacing
  • Like 2