Harris Performance Yz250

I had just sold off my 300 kit and got another bone stock cylinder. I decided to send this one out to get ported.

Stock Yz250's are very smooth and easy to ride. This is a little bit different now. The bottom end is soft and mellow, fast but soft. Once I am past 1/4 throttle it explodes.

This motor is an absolute rocket ship. It revs so high, I can hold the gears out another 2-3 seconds over stock.

It will run with a 450 at the gate and out of a corner, the motor is a gem and an absolute racing masterpiece now. Aggressive, but very tractable oddly enough.

Service was great, Derek is a good dude. 10/10 would recommend this product and his work.IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0121.jpg

The setup is the stage 1 porting, stage 2 piston, timing advance 3 degrees, head mods.

• Like 7

(Disclaimer I’m a friend of his)

I don’t think people realize how much time Derek puts into his product.

He’s incredibly passionate and treats everything as his own.

As a OCD’ish former aircraft mech; I’m fairly uptight about who I allow to work on my stuff (if I ever do).
This guy any day.

• Like 1

Three degrees of timing advance! You're running some special fuel?
Based on what I've seen, Harris' engine work is great on YZ 2-strokes. 
Dollars for horsepower, you're absolutely killing it compared to all those four-stroke riders ?.

I'm running 50/50 pump and 100 octane fuel
  • Like 1

Beautiful bike!

I just acquired a EG 295.   I'm not entirely sold on it over the stock 250.  Mostly I worry about the reliability and stress on the parts that the 295 demands, and I'm considering swapping back a more reliable and trustworthy stock setup.  

What were your experiences going from a 250 to 295 and then back?

• Like 1

Beautiful bike!
I just acquired a EG 295.   I'm not entirely sold on it over the stock 250.  Mostly I worry about the reliability and stress on the parts that the 295 demands, and I'm considering swapping back a more reliable and trustworthy stock setup.  
What were your experiences going from a 250 to 295 and then back?

The 295 had no over rev compared to the 250. It did have a lot of torque but it wasn't all that fun to ride compared to a stock or ported cylinder.
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...