What years stock exhaust pipe/muffler will fit 2003 CRF 230

Recently purchased 2003 CRF 230 for my wife. Came with a Big Gun Race exhaust and pipe.  She was super stoked with bike but not the noise. She wants it as quiet as possible. So searching everywhere for stock exhaust and pipe and nothing... The question is -what years stock exhaust and pipe are the same, and will fit on the 2003? Honda wants about $600 for new. Saw the FMF setup for $300. Going to put add out for stock WTB. Any thoughts and expertise is super appreciated. Thanks in advance

Here is a twist and wanted to get some input? I came across my 2001 XR400 stock exhaust muffler. When held up to the 230 frame it sure looked close to a good fit. Cutting the Big Gun pipe and having it modified to accept the XR400 stock slip on, would there be a detriment to the motor? Were looking for Quiet more than power. Curious before we pull the trigger on stock exhaust which is Pricey... Thanks again for the above advice. 

Not sure about XR400 mid pipe but XR250 mid pipe is 2.375" OD and significantly larger than stock CRF230 mid pipe.  Since many of us are using 2.375" OD mid pipe if XR400 is similar seems like it should be okay.  Chuck also uses 2.375" OD mid pipe on his XR218.

Stock CRF230 Head/Mid pipe is undersized for displacement according to Powroll and our personal findings in this forum.  Same exact pipe used on CRF150.

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 1

The OEM exhaust has a history of rusting out at the connection to the head pipe.  If you pick up a used one somewhere take a close look.    I just ordered a Chino exhaust and head pipe $99 w/shipping.  It is a FMF copy of sorts.  If it is too loud I may modify a tailpiece for it.  There is a thread on TT CRF230F of a rider who modded his exhaust in this manner with good results.

• Like 1