Rippin' the TX300 in tight hilly woods

Please bear with the quality and sound, I used a $35 Chinese Go Pro copy.

 

3 hours ago, 95jersey said:

I used a $35 Chinese Go Pro copy.

bike $10k......camera $35...at least you have your priorities right!  Just picked up a 17 TX300 last night...can't wait

Looking good, sorry I could not make it out!

that's not tight this is 

 

 

I don't take video on my rides, but you guys are adorable if you thing that is either tight OR hilly...

17 hours ago, bikedude987 said:

I don't take video on my rides, but you guys are adorable if you thing that is either tight OR hilly...

don't got anything nice to say, don't say anything.

That track is sweeet. nice riding

Looks like a fun place to ride!

That looks like fun but if you want tight and hilly you should come to Idaho for the Silver mountain XC in Kellogg. There is 6 parts to the video but they are epic.

 

On 2/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Nathaniel Branting said:

That looks like fun but if you want tight and hilly you should come to Idaho for the Silver mountain XC in Kellogg. There is 6 parts to the video but they are epic.

 

That looks like an awesome event! Definitely tight!

That looks like fun but if you want tight and hilly you should come to Idaho for the Silver mountain XC in Kellogg. There is 6 parts to the video but they are epic.
 


Thanks for posting that video! I’ve Been thinking about going out for Stix and Stones this year. Glad to see it from a AA prospective. Getting the hole-shot is crucial when it’s like that! Saw a few passing opportunities, but that’s tight. Is that an A/B section or do they send everyone on the same track? Do they start the A & AA on a later minute? I’m surprised you weren’t passing more novice guys in that stuff that started on a earlier minute. Looking forward to seeing some more clips. I’m going to try and get out this summer. Looks a lot like our stuff back east, just bigger and steeper! Lol! The TX threehunny will work well out there if I can swing it.
bike $10k......camera $35...at least you have your priorities right!  Just picked up a 17 TX300 last night...can't wait


Just saw some posts regarding the 2017. Something about the idler gear bolt I think. It’s an easy fix. KTM/Husqvarna fixed it on the 2018 bikes with a longer bolt. Without the fix I’ve heard guys are breaking the case when kick starting. I read you can tap the hole for a longer bolt. You’ve got the button, so it’s not the end of the world, but it’s worth looking into it. My buddy has a 17 and I can see the difference between his and my 2018. He’s tapping it this week.


Just saw some posts regarding the 2017. Something about the idler gear bolt I think. It’s an easy fix. KTM/Husqvarna fixed it on the 2018 bikes with a longer bolt. Without the fix I’ve heard guys are breaking the case when kick starting. I read you can tap the hole for a longer bolt. You’ve got the button, so it’s not the end of the world, but it’s worth looking into it. My buddy has a 17 and I can see the difference between his and my 2018. He’s tapping it this week.

You’ve seen guys breaking theirs cases kick starting ? Or heard about it on thumpertalk/ktmtalk?

You’ve seen guys breaking theirs cases kick starting ? Or heard about it on thumpertalk/ktmtalk?


A guy posted up on a thread I was on the other day with photos and details. Then I started looking into it a bit more and read KTM had fixed a few bikes on their dime, keeping it on the DL. I guess they hope most guys just use the button. I’ll see if I can find a link to the thread. I figured it’s worth letting 2017 owners know about it. It’s a easy enough fix.
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, 1 lunger said:

 


Thanks for posting that video! I’ve Been thinking about going out for Stix and Stones this year. Glad to see it from a AA prospective. Getting the hole-shot is crucial when it’s like that! Saw a few passing opportunities, but that’s tight. Is that an A/B section or do they send everyone on the same track? Do they start the A & AA on a later minute? I’m surprised you weren’t passing more novice guys in that stuff that started on a earlier minute. Looking forward to seeing some more clips. I’m going to try and get out this summer. Looks a lot like our stuff back east, just bigger and steeper! Lol! The TX threehunny will work well out there if I can swing it.

 

That's not me in the video, he is a local racer but it the best video I've found of the race. I think there is sections for A&AA and B but also less difficult sections for C classes as well. its pretty well rounded for every one but still very challenging. I'm on a 18 TX 300 and I think it will be perfect for the race. I did the race the first year they had it on a 09 450 XC-W and it was just to heavy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now