Breaking news about the new KTM TPI’s

18 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

How would you know you never rode one did you? 

Don't have to, every pro complained about it, Bowman confirmed it had handling issues,  nearly every review said the same thing,  after that many people saying the same thing it's gotta be true.  But I'm not going to ruin another thread over this.   

I'm sure the new Zuk handles better than the Yamaha though, I'll give it that

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wildschwein said:

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for moto. Didn’t realize it was still a troll cave.

Let me break it down for you super-simple like:
1) OP - “pros going to 4t”
2) me - “CW wins KoM on 250 TPI”
3) you - “so what? Have you ridden it. It sucks for racing.”

Conclusion: You suck at racing. CW won a grueling competition over other pros with 450’s on the 250 TPI. Psssst. They weren’t racing on fire roads. emoji51.png

So head on back to Trollville, bitch. Looks like it’ll be another two years before my next post here.

One win and you're declaring the bike perfectly ok?  JS7 won races on the first gen of backwards YZ450, does that mean it was fine too?

McGrath won SX races on that steaming pile '97 RM250.  I guess that means the clutch slipping like mad 10 laps into the main was no big deal.

• Like 1

One win and you're declaring the bike perfectly ok?  JS7 won races on the first gen of backwards YZ450, does that mean it was fine too?
McGrath won SX races on that steaming pile '97 RM250.  I guess that means the clutch slipping like mad 10 laps into the main was no big deal.

More than one race actually since he won all three races at KoM on the 250 and RevLimiter before that... but no, actually, I’m not declaring the bike alright, I’m not buying one, nor am I saying TPI is the future of enduro. I’m just saying it’s not the bike - it’s the rider first; and second, if it is the bike, then it’s not that bike since it’s been dominating the enduro scene between CW’s legs.

Again. Not sure why everything has to be in absolutes when it comes to online discourse. Is pride really that important?

Personally, so y’all will actually have an opinion to slander me for instead of trying to refute fact (tantamount to teaching a pig to read)... I’m looking forward to the 300 tpi being released in the states in 2019. Now the personal attacks may commence. Neither my carbureted 200exc, my fuel injected 250sxf, not my pride is likely to be bruised by it.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Don't have to, every pro complained about it, Bowman confirmed it had handling issues,  nearly every review said the same thing,  after that many people saying the same thing it's gotta be true.  But I'm not going to ruin another thread over this.   

I'm sure the new Zuk handles better than the Yamaha though, I'll give it that

CR had no trouble with it which you never face up to bro. Repeat: top 5 in 2016 no way he is beating RD,KR,JA, ET on any brand any way. Bike took him as far as he could go. Not every pro JMart wanted to ride the 450 Yam bad don't make me repost what you won't fess up to.

And BTW my guess is BamBam finishes no better than CR did in 2016, and that Moosecan and Seely both catch him. (Interested in a hot sauce bet???)

Did Bowman ride it? I am sure Bowman gets reports on all kinds of bikes having problems which they all have including your fav brand. Talk to Roczen.?

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

CR had no trouble with it which you never face up to bro. Repeat: top 5 in 2016 no way he is beating RD,KR,JA, ET on any brand any way. Bike took him as far as he could go. Not every pro JMart wanted to ride the 450 Yam bad don't make me repost what you won't fess up to.

And BTW my guess is BamBam finishes no better than CR did in 2016, and that Moosecan and Seely both catch him. (Interested in a hot sauce bet???)

Did Bowman ride it? I am sure Bowman gets reports on all kinds of bikes having problems which they all have including your fav brand. Talk to Roczen.?

Reed said the bike had handling problems, almost every pro said that,  you never fess up to that BRO.  My last post in this thread on the subject.  

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

What no hot sauce bet? Come on I am not @redrider144.?

I don't make bets on tt anymore,  you can thank him,  Wes, fry and a few others for that, not worth the trouble, even when you're dead right if they don't like the outcome they'll throw a little bitch fit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I don't make bets on tt anymore,  you can thank him,  Wes, fry and a few others for that, not worth the trouble, even when you're dead right if they don't like the outcome they'll throw a little bitch fit. 

You know I am good for it. How about I come out to Gilroy for dinner at Victoria's then. BamBam finishes 4th or better you win. BamBam finishes 5th or worse I win. And we go for a ride on your bikes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wildschwein said:

More than one race actually since he won all three races at KoM on the 250 and RevLimiter before that... but no, actually, I’m not declaring the bike alright, I’m not buying one, nor am I saying TPI is the future of enduro. I’m just saying it’s not the bike - it’s the rider first; and second, if it is the bike, then it’s not that bike since it’s been dominating the enduro scene between CW’s legs.

Again. Not sure why everything has to be in absolutes when it comes to online discourse. Is pride really that important?

Personally, so y’all will actually have an opinion to slander me for instead of trying to refute fact (tantamount to teaching a pig to read)... I’m looking forward to the 300 tpi being released in the states in 2019. Now the personal attacks may commence. Neither my carbureted 200exc, my fuel injected 250sxf, not my pride is likely to be bruised by it.

My reply contained no insults or personal attacks.  I wouldn't want to hurt a special snowflake's feelings. ? 

There are plenty of reports that the TPI has weak bottom / shitty transition to 'on the pipe.'  It should be a clue to see KTM hard enduro riders on 4 strokes all of a sudden.  KTM wants them on the TPI 2T or not at all, so you're seeing guys ride 4Ts that weren't riding them last year.  It isn't a coincidence.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 4

My reply contained no insults or personal attacks.  I wouldn't want to hurt a special snowflake's feelings. ? 
There are plenty of reports that the TPI has weak bottom / shitty transition to 'on the pipe.'  It should be a clue to see KTM hard enduro riders on 4 strokes all of a sudden.  KTM wants then on the TPI 2T or not at all, so you're seeing guys ride 4Ts that weren't riding them last year.  It isn't a coincidence.

My bad. I thought I caught a whiff of some smarminess. Only time will tell, but I do believe it will prove to be an incredible bike once the kinks are worked out. All the reviews (I’ve seen) have made the same complaints with the 250, but spoken highly of the 300 which should be here next year. Honestly, I have no idea why they went with two bikes 50cc’s apart, that’s the only aspect I have to point a finger at. I think a 150 and 300 would have been much more appealing, but I’m not Austrian, an engineer, nor an enduro champion; I’m just an avid consumer with three generations of KTM racing all the way back to when my grandfather was eating apples on the side of a hill with John Penton. So, I’m willing to give it a chance. I also plan to keep racing my SXF. ??‍♂️

You're blaming me for tucking your tail, after you were a mega huge &%$#@! to Wes?  Ok well we can certainly bring this right back out in the open again can't we, since you just opened that can of worms again?

Edited by redrider144

Damn ur butt still hurts huh? It must be permanently scarred. 

Those bad men must have gave it to you good didn't they?  ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaconne said:

You know I am good for it. How about I come out to Gilroy for dinner at Victoria's then. BamBam finishes 4th or better you win. BamBam finishes 5th or worse I win. And we go for a ride on your bikes.

Ha! You wouldn't even let me pay what I owed last time!  You make it out this way anytime and I got bikes for us to ride.   

I'm impressed with Barcvia but not as much as you,  after all in the one who bet on him havingthe ability to ride at the top end of the class, you always sand bagged his ability because you were afraaid of the results weren't there it would confirm what everyone said about that Yamaha.  

At least I'm willing to admit the 18+ yamaha has likely sorted out some of the issues the bike was plagued with.  Very few folks from pros to Joe's, magazines etc could deny that chassis was crap.  

And folks think I'm a swinger....   nobody iu s a bigger swinger them folks who say the 14-17 Yamaha was a good handling motorcycle.  

5 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Reed on the Husky is 14th this season, soon to be looking at Malcolm taking that place and pushing him to 15th.