Kenda Triple Gummy Tires?

The triple ? not sure about, though due favor on the rear the more open tread design of the Kenda IBEX/ tubliss for Brushy and Brown.

Thats where we ride mainly. I guess its a new tire from them? I looked at videos on the ibex and it looked ok but heard the knobs rip off or split in early hours? Also we run tubes (again) because tubliss is bad luck for me... the tires we normally run have always been Dunlop MX3S, Kenda Washougal II, Pirelli Scorpion MX32. We are looking for different tires that are cheaper but will last the same or similar time frame (half a season). Dunlops are getting to be $100 a tire alone + especially when you have them mounted too. Since you ride those places... what tires have you tried? Lifespan of each? Thoughts on each?

For me the IBEX held up well at Brushy and Brown where I’m for the most part attempting to pick my lines and limit wheel spin…. now saying that, when say I make a ride down at Enoree or CAW where I’m more fat into the throttle the knobs on the IBEX will go to chunking/ tearing…..

The Golden G216 rear seemed to hold up maybe a bit better with similar performance, but for convenance, price, and going through Tyler the Kenda has been suitable a-plenty. 

Front tire ? 

On the Beta …. Golden GT216, now a Bridgestone M59 < ole standard of sorts 

Yam 200 …. Bridgestone M59

KTM 250 ….  Pirelli Scorpion  

Husky 250 ….IRC VE-35F 

Next front tire ? I’m thinking a Kenda or back to the Golden, ….Longevity ? I’m not the guy to ask…. If lucky I’m out once, twice a month and change tires as need be, it’s not that I’m glutton with tire money it’s more I’m not racking up the trail miles.

For me the IBEX held up well at Brushy and Brown where I’m for the most part attempting to pick my lines and limit wheel spin…. now saying that, when say I make a ride down at Enoree or CAW where I’m more fat into the throttle the knobs on the IBEX will go to chunking/ tearing…..

The Golden G216 rear seemed to hold up maybe a bit better with similar performance, but for convenance, price, and going through Tyler the Kenda has been suitable a-plenty. 

Front tire ? 
On the Beta …. Golden GT216, now a Bridgestone M59 Yam 200 …. Bridgestone M59
KTM 250 ….  Pirelli Scorpion  
Husky 250 ….IRC VE-35F 

Next front tire ? I’m thinking a Kenda or back to the Golden, ….Longevity ? I’m not the guy to ask…. If lucky I’m out once, twice a month and change tires as need be, it’s not that I’m glutton with tire money it’s more I’m not racking up the trail miles.

We ride EXACTLY where you ride. Brown/Brushy/CAW. Lol. I ride a yz250 and ride slower up at brushy (so far) and ride fast as hell at caw. Thinking maybe i should keep sticking with MX3S....

They also make the non gummy version of the kenda washougal IIs, and triple?

• 2 weeks later...

If you want better wear and lower price don't buy MX tires. IRC VE33 is a great all around rear tire and pretty cheap online. It's tough, 4 ply and can run lower pressure with HD tubes. It's still my all time fav with Tublis on the rear.

I still run tubes up front and Maxxis EN has been my go to tire. It woks everywhere for me and wears well. Fav is Metz 6 days, but they hiked the price recently and I ain't buying again yet. Maxxis is @ $75 online.

The Shinko hybrids are getting great reviews and the price is nice. Shinko used to make Golden Tyre before GT went to Chiny made. Shinko has a copy of the 216 front for under $60 online. Planning to try that one soon :ride:

• 1 month later...