• Announcements

DisplayName

Need DRZ 125 Frame, DR 125 swap?

4 posts in this topic

Basically I have cracked my DRZ 125 frame but I have heard the DR and DRZ motors are essentially the same. Could I use a DR 125 frame for a replacement? Im sick of welding mine and cannot find any DRZ frames in the UK.

I have looked at a DR frame recently and the motor looking like it'll find like a glove, my only trouble is obviously a seat, fuel tank ETC but I'll probably cut the old mounts off the Z and weld them. But can anyone confirm if the motor will fit or not? Like I said, sick of welding my frame every two months. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

arent you just back to square 1 again using a 125 frame ?

Well no like I said my frame is cracked and I need a new one, I want to swap my DRZ 125 frame out for the DR 125 frame as they should fit

Motor will fit, pretty sure nothing else will.   You may try welding a cradle under your motor on the DRz  frame

Edited by mjg15

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Brett Maurer
      Desperately searching for a replacement visor for my Bell Moto 9 helmet. Someone PLEASE know someone who knows someone who owns this helmet and has a spare lying around. Things are completely sold out everywhere.
    • By Elliott Cooper
      Hi Guys,
      I’m new here!
      Also only 20 years old haha! - a couple years back I acquired my grandads old DR400s.... (long story, he bought it brand new in 1980, sold it to his cousin in 81, it then got put in storage from 81 - 2016) basically I spent a good 6 months fully restoring this beautiful bike! (Favourite bike I have ever worked on) - stupidly low miles and two registered keepers from new!!.
      The downside to it being stored is there was fuel left in the tank and carb! - I’ve had the carb to bits multiple times, soaked in many types of cleaner... I still am having issues getting the thing to start.
      basically I was just wondering if anyone had managed to find an Aftermarket carb that is a straight swap for this bike that won’t ruin the bank!!

• By Scott L.
      I recently broke my kill switch on my Honda Crf50 Pitbike. A replacement is on it's way, and I'd rather fix it myself than pay $48.00 of labor... (rip off).
      Does anyone know how to properly connect the new kill switch? Is the connecting piece behind the front number plate, or do I have to take off the gas tank and seat to wire to the CDI?
      Thanks in advance.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      **(I was going to upload some pictures so you know what I'm working with, but I can't seem to download the pictures. I'll upload them if I can figure it out.)**
    • By Brodrik91
      Hey guys, I am newer to riding and am looking into getting and CRF250L most likely 2016 or 2017. I was just wondering what all plastics will fit I can only find plastics labeled as CRF250 plastics will those fit?? 
      Also what brands of aftermarket plastics do you recommend?
    • By Darren247
      I have a 2012 250 SXF and the cylinder head has a very small crack on the backside near the intake, the crack is so small that it is almost not visible. The crack does not affect any of the water ports in the head however it leaks a small amount of oil and has caused the bike to not run consistently, I believe due to changing pressure in the engine. Im curious if there is a cheap fix to solve the problem for a little while until i can afford to replace the head, possibly JB Weld on the crack or some other type of sealant, or maybe a small weld to seal off the crack? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.