KTM fail with extreme enduro ?

9 hours ago, ccullins said:

I gotta say it's the other way for us. After living with EFI 4-strokes the last couple of years I'm really happy to only have 2-strokes with carbs in the shop now. 

As for why Jarvis and other guys are on 4t's I don't know. I think it's all internet speculation why. I'm personally a little surprised. For that kind of riding I would rather be on a bad running 2 stroke than any fourstroke, but I've never ridden a Factory tuned KTM/Husky 250f ether. Plus I don't exactly ride like those guys. 

Your opinion carries a measure of credibility that many lack considering your competition use. No way any version of FI can match a carbs reliability.

My experience locally here in SW Missouri is that the KTM/Husqvarna dealers have no problem selling the 2T bikes. 4T however is another matter, as they have them readily available on the sales room floor. I think the occasional switch to 4T is primarily a marketing strategy to sell more 4T bikes.

1 hour ago, samaki said:

My experience locally here in SW Missouri is that the KTM/Husqvarna dealers have no problem selling the 2T bikes. 4T however is another matter, as they have them readily available on the sales room floor. I think the occasional switch to 4T is primarily a marketing strategy to sell more 4T bikes.

Here the dealers are sold out of some models while others sit for months. 250XCF are mostly sold out and at MSRP. 350 are not far behind while the 450 are hard to give away. Flip side Husqvarna 250f are a hard sell while the 450/500 models are sold out. These are the FE models and are DS often.