cachunko

2t power valve farkle

10 posts in this topic

Here's a neat mod I came across that I've never seen in the interwebs before. I found it on aomc.mx Adjust your power valve without needing a tool :)

Screenshot_2018-02-11-13-18-46.png

1 person likes this

I'll let ya know when I get it. If it protrudes out too far, a guy could grind it down a little bit. 

1 person likes this

I changed all the bolts that hold the tank and plastics in place, to socket headed cap screws. That way the allen key snugged into some rubber tubing up on my handlebars can change the PV setting in 10 seconds, or remove the tank, or the side plastics  where I keep all my tyre repair stuff. Will still have change in the bank:)

4 people like this

7 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

I've never really felt the need to quickly change the powervalve, I think I ended up a turn in from flush and never felt the need to change it anymore.

When I go from single to two tracks and back and forth, it's nice to be able to tame it down (on the single). I like to really let her rip on the two track, but it's not as much fun in the single :)

Pretty much all the time I just leave mine all the way out to let her rip, even on single track. Remember, the clutch is your friend! But its great to be able to tame her down at the end of the day when I am close to exhausted, and still have some gnarly, big step up country to negotiate. It has proven itself many times to let me get home without being spat off too many times, or risk body damage (mine, not the bike!)  when it now takes months instead of days to recover from a big 'off'

With the pipe and my combo skid plate pipe guard I don’t think this doohickey is going to be vulnerable to damage. For under $25 bucks it’s a nice little mod. It’s sort of in the range of fork air bleeders value but cool. This can be made with a little Allen wrench that is cut off and made with a little flat edge to easily turn. Drop a little silicone in the hole before putting the Allen wrench in so it stays put. This red one is already madeand not expensive. I just have my powervalve about half way? I guess it would be easier to adjust and be bling as well. Im going to look at what I have for spare Allen wrench to see if I could make one or maybe buy the doohicky. It’s no big deal though as I usually just leave at one setting. Like the aftermarket air adjuster for a carb. It’s set and leave it most times. Still a cool little mod here

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Here's an update on it and a couple pics. The whole install took about 10 minutes. Super easy. I don't feel like it's vulnerable at all. The pipe sticks out 4 inches past the adjuster. It's tucked nicely between the clutch case and pipe. I think it's a slick little addition. 

20180220_160858.jpg

20180220_160918.jpg

5 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By wachterxc
      The do it all bike doesnt exist, I know that, but Im looking for something pretty damn near close to it. My dilema: I live in Mexico and It is one of the most biodiverse places you can possibly think of; I can ride at 12,000 feet between pines, the next day shred a desert, and the last day be in a tropical forest. Any thoughts on a bike that you may think can handle all of these relatively well?

Gracias amigos!
    • By rrefugee
      I have a '13 Beta Evo 4T trials bike that likes to backfire on deceleration, it's pretty annoying. Looking at the parts book, there is no gasket, o-ring or anything else that goes between the exhaust port and the headpipe. The  headpipe isnt deformed or damaged, nor is the sleeve at the exhaust port that the headpipe fits over. Does anyone else have the same problem? What did you do to fix it? 
    • By pat22043
      I just picked up my 2018 Beta Evo 200. The dealer included a few things in the box, such as the owners manual CD, a liter of premix oil, the rest of a liter of tranny oil, and a horn and a speedometer.
      Why in the world do they included the horn and speedo? The horn looks to be barely worthy of a kid's toy car, and the speedo might work on a bicycle. Why not skip those two valuable parts and lower the price of the bike by a huge amount, say $5?
      Does anyone have a use for them?
    • By Nkz
      This is my first post so hopefully I have this in the right area.
      So I'm looking to buy a new bike in a few months and can't decide what Beta to buy. I am going between an xtrainer, a 300rr or the 390rs. I know they have slightly different areas that they excel. I am coming from a 1998 xr400 and an xr250. My question is do any of these new bikes I am looking at have good off idle torque, like slow speed tractor torque. Both my xr's could chug along and climb almost anything but they are heavy and getting older. I dabbled in trials for a bit so I really like the low end pull of thoses 2 strokes, but I also have had a few mx bikes that had nothing down low. What are the beta 2 stokes like. Also does the 390 have a pretty low first gear if I go the 4 stroke route. I ride some pretty rough single track in Georgetown ca if anyone is familiar with that. Lots of switch backs and no room to get speed over some of the obstacles. I am more of a technical rider, don't do much high speed stuff so I'm not to worried about the soft suspension of the xtrainer. 
      For backround I am 200 lbs, 6ft, I'm a decent rider but don't race or anything. I have had loads of Japanese bikes and I am wanting to try out a European enduro, this would be my first new bike. Hope the post isn't to long. Thanks
    • By Penny610
      Up for sale Ohlins  TTX shock and RXF48mm forks & Brembo front brake assembly off of a 2015 Beta  250rr. They are from the Boana racing team, sprung for a 175lb rider. This is a great opportunity to grab a very rare Ohlins set up for your Beta! I am a 145lbs, so unfortunately I don't have the money to have them set up for me, I am just looking to get my money back. I was really looking forward to using them, but some times life gets the best of you, lol. Hope they go to a good home, where someone will get use out of them! 

SOLD SOLD SOLD