offroad Graham Jarvis Runner-Up at Hell’s Gate Extreme Enduro

Graham-Jarvis-%E2%80%93-Rockstar-Energy-

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Star battles Through All-New Format Hell’s Gate to Finish Second

February 11, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has earned a strong second place at the 2018 Hell’s Gate extreme enduro. With an all-new format for this year, concluding in a 20-minute sprint race, the event posed a fresh challenge for the five-time winner.

For the first time ever, the event kicked off with a Prologue race on the Friday night. Designed to set the starting order for Saturday’s race, the Prologue was an endurocross style event held close to the hosting Il Ciocco Hotel. Although it provided a great spectacle for the fans, the race results were eventually scrapped due to issues with the course.

Saturday’s heat race went well for Jarvis. An expert at managing his pace, the Brit did exactly what he had to do over the five-laps, finishing fourth aboard his Husqvarna FE 250 in the cold conditions of the Tuscan hills. The position gave him a good start for the night race, which saw riders set off at 3.30pm for a tough three-hour multi-lap event.

At the conclusion of the night race, the top-10 riders were given a 15-minute break before contesting the new 20-minute endurocross in the arena area of the venue. In freezing conditions, the riders fought bar-to-bar in front of the record-crowd of spectators to decide the overall winner. With the final results calculated on the sum of the previous legs, Jarvis was announced as runner-up, just a few minutes behind eventual winner Mario Roman.

Graham Jarvis: “I really enjoyed the racing today, I always do here at Hell’s Gate. It’s been a tough couple of days and I’m still getting used to riding the 4-stroke, but the bike has been absolutely faultless over the entire weekend. It has been pretty close between the top-four all day and it’s all come down to the final 20-minute race off. It would have been nice to take my sixth win at the event, but I’m happy with second.”

Results – Hells Gate 2018

1. Mario Roman (Sherco) 3:06:03
2. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 3:08:57
3. Travis Teasdale (Beta) 3:12:45
4. Diego Nicoletti (Husqvarna) 3:32:14
5. Sonny Goggia (KTM) 3:39:26
6. Michele Bosi (Beta) 3:46:15

Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc.

Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA Supercross, AMA Pro Motocross, AMA National Enduro, GNCC, AMA EnduroCross, and AMA National Hare & Hound championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard Husqvarna FC 450, FC 350, FC 250, FE 350, TC 250 and TE 300 models.

Rockstar Energy Drink

Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com

Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH
2018-Husqvarna-Motorcycle-pr-logo.jpg

• Like 3

He rode the 4 stroke. Wonder how he would have done with his TE 300?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

TE would have succumbed the blue dream just the same. Keihin > tpi

Just think what Jarvis could do on a Sherco 300!

• Like 5

Just now, redrider144 said:

It would not be fair to the field. They would most likely ban it like the group B Audi in rally. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

Sherco number 1 again because it's such a vastly superior machine in every way!

Funny, this is the 2nd thread we've seen about the 2nd place guy and both times the winner, Mario Roman, gets no love. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, jetfuel said:

Kinda bullshit it’s not titled Mario Roman beats 5 time winner Jarvis.

Give the guy his credit.

Totally agree.

Husky's marketing departments take on a news story. 

• Like 4

Funny, this is the 2nd thread we've seen about the 2nd place guy and both times the winner, Mario Roman, gets no love. 

Román is a great rider, no doubt. But Graham is just slightly better than the rest. So the shocker here isn't that Mario won, it's that Graham didn't.

For proof, watch the finale of last year's Ales Trom (spelling?). Román vs Jarvis. With only a couple hundred meters left...

There's just something about GJ that the other riders have trouble handling.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, indy rider said:

Totally agree.

Husky's marketing departments take on a news story. 

Yes , Jarvis is an awesome , respectable and humble legend .. one of my top favorites.  like you said its some Marketing spin fluff.  

• Like 2

Credit.    

Mario_Roman_victory_hells_gate_enduro_20

Mario Roman has won the 2018 Hell’s Gate Hard Enduro with Graham Jarvis second and Travis Teasdale third.

Roman took his maiden Hell’s Gate victory setting a strong pace and taking the lead in the final lap of the main afternoon race. The Sherco rider was fast out the blocks in the evening SuperEnduro to seal the victory.

2018 Hell's Gate Fast Facts:

Mario Roman has bagged three podiums in the last four years with a previous best result of second in 2015.

Mario’s on a winning streak in 2018 after taking victory in Ales Trem in January.

Hell's Gate in 2015 was one of Mario’s first Hard Enduro races.

Five times Hells Gate winner, Graham Jarvis bagged second on a Husqvarna 250 four stroke.

This is Jarvis’ eighth Hell’s Gate podium.

The two-hour afternoon race saw all top four riders racing close.

Things could have been different for Wade Young but he hit bike problems.

Mario only took over the lead in the final lap.

The new format, 20-minute race SuperEnduro evening race, decided the victory.

After the race Roman was understandably happy with his maiden victory: “I feel so happy and so proud of myself for this win. I start my career here, it was almost one of my first extreme races when it was very hard."

“I think it was only two hours in this afternoon. I passed Wade and Graham in the last lap but I think if it would be longer I could have made a better gap.”

“I started super-fast in the SuperEnduro (evening race). With it being just twenty minutes it was so important to be fast and push hard from the beginning and make no mistakes. Finally I get the win in Hell’s Gate in my fourth attempt!”

Jarvis was his usual solid self in the Italian Hard Enduro which he has won five times: “It’s been a tough day but second in the end was ok. It was pretty close and it all came down to the last twenty minutes race-off. The bike was feeling good and I enjoyed the race.”

Travis Teasdale had been on song all weekend at Hell’s Gate, topping timing sheets through the prologue and morning elimination rounds before the main race. The Beta rider came home third in the close-fought overall results: “The main race was pretty tough – there was a riverbed section that was very tough each lap. I’m very happy with my overall performance especially this morning races.”

• Like 5

On 2/11/2018 at 4:50 PM, jetfuel said:

Kinda bullshit it’s not titled Mario Roman beats 5 time winner Jarvis.

Give the guy his credit.

Like I mentioned in the last one, this is a Husky press release, so of course it's going to be about their rider. Just as any manufacturer press release after a major event. 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, redrider144 said:

Not sure many people remember, but Jarvis spent most of his career on a Sherco. Sherco trials bike. When he retired from world trials and started racing extreme events it was on a Sherco with some success. Once he switched to Husky his career really took off. 

• Like 4

On 2/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, ccullins said:

Not sure many people remember, but Jarvis spent most of his career on a Sherco. Sherco trials bike. When he retired from world trials and started racing extreme events it was on a Sherco with some success. Once he switched to Husky his career really took off. 

That's easily explained.  The AMA was scared that he'd dominate the extreme enduro circuit and scare off the rest of the good riders, so they forced Sherco to detune his bike.

Edited by redrider144

On 2/11/2018 at 6:11 PM, OUTERLIMITS said:

Yep, should say Jarvis, first loser.  Although gj is probably the best ever riding handicapped crap.

Noticed Roman was on the two stroke. I really think that the 300 2 stroke is the right machine to ride in these events. I'm suspecting that 4 stroke sales have started to slump and KTM/Husky have decided that if they have some race wins with the 4 strokes, it would boost sales. Just my tin foil hat ramblings :goofy:

• Like 2