Science of Supercross | Episode 30 (Science of Footpegs)

That was a good information.  Idk what kind of special-ed program would really consider that to be Science though Lol. I was hoping for something technical.  Possibly involving vector diagrams, Center of Gravity, leverage ratios, moment arms, considerations with respect to rider sizes, etc etc.  Lol.  

Actual scientific information is hard to find for motocross bikes.  God damn Jap Mfgs don't even publish HP!  So I guess thats ehat we're deali g with.

• Like 2

I liked the fact that he pointed out that your foot position on the footpeg should be constantly moving.

When I first started riding, I was taught to ride with my arches on the pegs (which was a good position for a beginning MX rider).  However, as I got a little faster, I never adjusted my foot position and it definitely held me back.  

• Like 1

Moving the pegs back doesn’t change much. The bikes cg stays in the same spot, the pegs will be further from it. That only effects the rotation of the bike when it pitches forward and back like over a jump or in whoops. The effects aren’t noticeable because your bars are further from the cg making those inputs better for leverage in rotating the bike. How acceleration, braking and gravity/jumps interact between bike rider and contact points are all still the same. It’s done for rider preference.