• Announcements

Nkz

What beta to buy

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, samaki said:

my nearest knowledgeable dealer is over two hours drive away. Even with these considerations I am very pleased with the 300RR. The dealer I mentioned is very knowledgeable and has been very helpful dealing with me long distance. Something I know most dealers of more popular brands will not do.

Are you talking about Bonecutters by any chance? Steve and his family are great to work with. I travel all over the country for work and all I have to do is call them for a part I need and they will drop ship it to me anywhere in the continental US that I happen to be. Last year alone they shipped to me in Colorado, Oregon, Arkansas, and Alabama. Never had to wait more than 3 days for parts to arrive. They also support the local race scene in Missouri a lot.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, mtngoat said:

Are you talking about Bonecutters by any chance? Steve and his family are great to work with. I travel all over the country for work and all I have to do is call them for a part I need and they will drop ship it to me anywhere in the continental US that I happen to be. Last year alone they shipped to me in Colorado, Oregon, Arkansas, and Alabama. Never had to wait more than 3 days for parts to arrive. They also support the local race scene in Missouri a lot.

I am referring to Bonecutter's Beta in California Missouri. He obviously loves Betas and goes the extra mile support the brand. I spoke to him at length before I bought my Beta and he was a big part of why I went ahead and bought one.

5 people like this

Thanks ccullins. Im kinda gathering that the 390 is like a new xr400 with electric start, better suspension, and lighter. I do like the ability to trail hop on the road. I will have to keep reading reviews in the next few months and see what I am able to ride. The efficiency of the 4 strokes is nice to.

The lack of a plate is the only thing keeping me from buying a 300RR to go with my 500RR-S. In Kommiefornia you really need that plate.

40 minutes ago, danketchpel said:

The lack of a plate is the only thing keeping me from buying a 300RR to go with my 500RR-S. In Kommiefornia you really need that plate.

Come to New Jersey... plated 18 Xtrainer no problem... except its 22 degrees  with winter snow warning tonight! 

12.jpg

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, shrubitup said:

The ktm tpi is available but is not without fault yet. 

Well, they are not really available. Only the 250cc model, and only about one per dealer. So they are more available than unicorns, but in the real world, they are not available. 2019 will be the year of TPI KTMs. I'm happy with my carb'd 300XCW. But since this is a Beta forum, I just picked up a new Beta 200 EVO. So in the general "which beta to buy" I have to say get a trials bike :-)

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, pat22043 said:

But since this is a Beta forum, I just picked up a new Beta 200 EVO. So in the general "which beta to buy" I have to say get a trials bike :-)

Lotus54 just picked up a 300 EVO sport four stroke. Kickstarting it appears to be extremely easy/repeatable with the CV carburetor and the way Beta tuned it. Has a long ride kit as a stock feature. Rides it on "trails" with us.

https://www.betausa.com/content/evo-300-sport-4-stroke

Edited by shrubitup

all this dam talk about cross training and trials... decided to check Craigslist... low and behold found this 16 Beta Evo 300 beauty about a mile away... I was half tempted to ride her home... can't wait for snow to melt and spring weather... the plan is to share the new princess with the wife.... lots for both of us to learn!

IMG_20180218_171003.jpg

IMG_20180218_171344.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac
4 people like this