Sign in to follow this  

california Make my red sticker green sticker?

ANY "trick" is ultimately fraud. As in trying to find a way to break the law. 

Fake paper work.. 

Buddy at DMV.

Green sticker from an older junk bike.. 

Run from the Law Man.. 

Take your pick.. 

• Like 1

Swap engine into newer green sticker chassis, but that would be illegal as well. 

Ride where the it’s not enforced 

• Like 1

I ride in all kinds of areas, some are enforced and some are not. Some places I could get away with showing up early and not being bothered. Others the rangers would be on my ass the second I hit the trails. I have heard I can register the bike in Colorado and get tags that way, but I mainly posted this to see if the same suggestion popped up more than a few times and then I would have a better idea. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pessica said:

Any insider tricks on ways to make my 2009 200 XC green sticker? 

If it matters you aren't riding in the right places.  👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pro wake said:

one legal way is to register and plate it in AZ

How is perjuring yourself at the AZ MVD LEGAL.   LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  🤦

6 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

If it matters you aren't riding in the right places.  👍

Ha, I know! But sometimes weather can really narrow down my choices and it makes me nervous that I'm getting rid of my green sticker bike for a red sticker. I've always had both, now I'll be at the mercy of stupid California laws! 

As of a year ago, plating a bike in a different state that CARB has deemed red sticker will not be allowed in state OHV parks during that park's red sticker season. One used to be able to bring in a  re sticker bike from, say, Nevada and ride it at a state OHV park in July.

No more. Best way to deal with that 09 200 is to park it during red sticker season and get a green sticker bike.

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dyrtmon said:

As of a year ago, plating a bike in a different state that CARB has deemed red sticker will not be allowed in state OHV parks during that park's red sticker season. One used to be able to bring in a  re sticker bike from, say, Nevada and ride it at a state OHV park in July.

No more. Best way to deal with that 09 200 is to park it during red sticker season and get a green sticker bike.

Been doing it for four years....

• Like 2

For us that makes it a Hungry Valley and Ocotillo Wells thing.  And who knows when they will start enforcing it.  

4 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

For us that makes it a Hungry Valley and Ocotillo Wells thing.  And who knows when they will start enforcing it.  

I'm sure that enforcement varies from place to place. Up here if one rides Carnegie or Hollister it's obvious that enforcement is the key to career advancement..

• Like 3

LOL . . . gotta love all the out of state plate comments :lame: Unless you have an out of state drivers license to go with it, that plate is a one time use item.  If checked you will be informed and probably cited for not registering your out of state bike in CA within the 30 day window you have.  The only real TRICK is AVOIDANCE . . . ride your red sticker year round, just be smart about it . . . and if you do listen to the plate it crowd, you'd still better stick with AVOIDANCE if you want to keep that plate, so unless you plan on riding on the street, there's no point.

• Like 5