I'm with Meyer (spoiler inside)

supercross

I'm not sure what Yamaha was thinking by signing him early to a longer term contract.  I was really pulling for him this year and like him, but with his history, it seems like he's at his best when he's racing for a ride.  They sign him, and he goes 10th and dns.  Not sure how long he'll be out, but they should have kept him hungry and not signed him until the off season.  Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Poor guy can't seem to make it through a season, but I was hoping he'd have a healthy season this year and do well.

(edit: obviously talking about Barcia)  

Edited by jcm3

Last week's result was from an under-performing bike. And today's dns was from an injury. 

Tough crowd.

Shit happens I guess...

So Barcia doubled instead of tripling to get time off?

Might as well say Kenny broke his arm last year to get some down time.

Just a little bobble that led to getting slightly landed on, really not his fault. It seems to happen more lately..

it's a tough year...is Anderson next ?

 

1 year contract was fine. I would agree that no longer of a contract was ideal. And that he performs better hungry...

But to say he wanted to risk...dying? By getting landed on in order to not work is...You might be a little mentally disabled. As a fan I'm kind of gutted it's come to this, but he got lucky it was only his hand. 

33 minutes ago, Budlite said:

it's a tough year...is Anderson next ?

 

Even Baggett said he was contemplating sitting out until the last second. So...

  1. Tomac
  2. Musquin
  3. Roczen
  4. Bogle
  5. Grant
  6. Bagget
  7. Barcia

 

All top 10 riders miss or nearly missed some rounds this season due to injury?

I can't believe I'm saying this...But is it really the bikes?  250 guys are hurt a lot too though.

45 minutes ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Even Baggett said he was contemplating sitting out until the last second. So...

  1. Tomac
  2. Musquin
  3. Roczen
  4. Bogle
  5. Grant
  6. Bagget
  7. Barcia

 

All top 10 riders miss or nearly missed some rounds this season due to injury?

I can't believe I'm saying this...But is it really the bikes?  250 guys are hurt a lot too though.

It isn't the bikes.  It's the DeathCross.  

57 minutes ago, 150dirtcomber said:

But to say he wanted to risk...dying? By getting landed on in order to not work is...You might be a little mentally disabled. As a fan I'm kind of gutted it's come to this, but he got lucky it was only his hand. 

 

2 hours ago, Kev_XR said:

So Barcia doubled instead of tripling to get time off?

Who are you guys replying to?  Did I miss a post that was deleted?

Barcia planned that wreck JCM Cubes, you mentally disabled lesbian. :)

 

1 hour ago, 150dirtcomber said:

1 year contract was fine. I would agree that no longer of a contract was ideal. And that he performs better hungry...

But to say he wanted to risk...dying? By getting landed on in order to not work is...You might be a little mentally disabled. As a fan I'm kind of gutted it's come to this, but he got lucky it was only his hand. 

HEY ez there tiger, JCM 4-1 is my long time buddy, and NOBODY calls him mentally disabled, mk luv?

2 minutes ago, KableXL said:

HEY ez there tiger, JCM 4-1 is my long time buddy, and NOBODY calls him mentally disabled, mk luv?

My mom always said I was special, or maybe that was special ed.  Don't remember which...

The sport has gotten completely out of control. Bikes with way too much power riding on tracks that are way too tight and jumpy. Never thought I'd say it, but yeah, there it is.

Barcia planned that wreck JCM Cubes, you mentally disabled lesbian.
 
HEY ez there tiger, JCM 4-1 is my long time buddy, and NOBODY calls him mentally disabled, mk luv?


Too late! Sad!

No, it’s not that serious. Like it was said earlier. Just a product of deathcross. Had nothing to do with justin Barcia being Justin Barcia.
Who are you guys replying to?  Did I miss a post that was deleted?


So, do you believe the contract made him complacent which allowed for a mistake. Which resulted in getting landed on?

Do away with the 450.  Everyone runs 250F's with HP restrictions  on the Lites class.

 

Edited by RMZ819
9 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Last week's result was from an under-performing bike. And today's dns was from an injury. 

Tough crowd.

The injury was due to a mental mistake 

I didn't want to see him get hurt but I'm not surprised. This shit has been happening throughout his career 

4 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:


So, do you believe the contract made him complacent which allowed for a mistake. Which resulted in getting landed on?

 

I do. Grant is the same way. His best years were when he was looking for a ride

Same shit happens in every sport. Baseball, football, hockey and basketball all have players that step up their game during a "contract year". I don't think it's a conscious decision but you can't deny it happens 

 

I guess the best way to describe Barcia's mishaps is "shit happens".

I guess the best way to describe Barcia's mishaps is "shit happens".

 

An aroma of shit clings to some more than others

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now