Good Problem to Have

I have a few things going on in life, I shouldn't be buying a bike right now. But I need to stay true to myself. If I'm not happy I wont make anyone else happy. No martyrs here.

Id like your opinons.

I'm ready to buy a 90 DR350 dirt -Tight some hours, maybe on 3rd rear tire. Rear sprocket looks original and still good. Or a 90 XR250. Close to unused as the original dry rotted tires show. Almost no paint worn on frame. Original goofy unbent steel bars. 

Cost is about the same. I'm 50 year old Vet A off road rider. Vet B MX and a simple man.  I like the DRs engine size. Wish it was a fresh as the Honda. Will be dual sporting and a harescramble here and there. No dirt bike Ive ever owned was exempt from pounding out some laps on a MX track. Ill do a few mods but I don't have time, money or ambition to be doing suspension swaps and such. I'm leaning 51% towards the XR just cause its so dang unused. But the DR looks so cool to me. I'm like a girl trying to decide what cloths to wear picking this bike. I thought Id ask you all that have experience with these . I'm  going to ask in the Honda forum too. Thanks for your time

Here is my vote.

20161125_145430.jpg

Love my 90 DR
IMG_5276.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, MaxPower said:

I have a few things going on in life, I shouldn't be buying a bike right now. But I need to stay true to myself. If I'm not happy I wont make anyone else happy. No martyrs here.

Id like your opinons.

I'm ready to buy a 90 DR350 dirt -Tight some hours, maybe on 3rd rear tire. Rear sprocket looks original and still good. Or a 90 XR250. Close to unused as the original dry rotted tires show. Almost no paint worn on frame. Original goofy unbent steel bars. 

Cost is about the same. I'm 50 year old Vet A off road rider. Vet B MX and a simple man.  I like the DRs engine size. Wish it was a fresh as the Honda. Will be dual sporting and a harescramble here and there. No dirt bike Ive ever owned was exempt from pounding out some laps on a MX track. Ill do a few mods but I don't have time, money or ambition to be doing suspension swaps and such. I'm leaning 51% towards the XR just cause its so dang unused. But the DR looks so cool to me. I'm like a girl trying to decide what cloths to wear picking this bike. I thought Id ask you all that have experience with these . I'm  going to ask in the Honda forum too. Thanks for your time

Sooo, did you make your decision or do I need to throw another vote in for the DR?

Seriously, the DR is better suspended (stock), has more power and other than being hard to start (if you don't know the drill) like the XR, the DR is a better bike in just about every measure.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 0:36 PM, zig06 said:

Sooo, did you make your decision or do I need to throw another vote in for the DR?

Seriously, the DR is better suspended (stock), has more power and other than being hard to start (if you don't know the drill) like the XR, the DR is a better bike in just about every measure.

No, my choice got even harder. My good friend is against me having a trail bike so bad he offered to sell his fresh CRF250 set up for offroad super cheap to me. I know he could easily get 1000 more for it selling it to a stranger. Has having too good a friend ever been a problem ?

No, my choice got even harder. My good friend is against me having a trail bike so bad he offered to sell his fresh CRF250 set up for offroad super cheap to me. I know he could easily get 1000 more for it selling it to a stranger. Has having too good a friend ever been a problem ?

sounds like if you want to keep him as your friend you will have to take his offer
seriously