Good Problem to Have

I have a few things going on in life, I shouldn't be buying a bike right now. But I need to stay true to myself. If I'm not happy I wont make anyone else happy. No martyrs here.

Id like your opinons.

I'm ready to buy a 90 DR350 dirt -Tight some hours, maybe on 3rd rear tire. Rear sprocket looks original and still good. Or a 90 XR250. Close to unused as the original dry rotted tires show. Almost no paint worn on frame. Original goofy unbent steel bars. 

Cost is about the same. I'm 50 year old Vet A off road rider. Vet B MX and a simple man.  I like the DRs engine size. Wish it was a fresh as the Honda. Will be dual sporting and harescramble here and there. No dirt bike Ive ever owned was exempt from pounding out some laps on a MX track. Ill do a few mods but I don't have time, money or ambition to be doing suspension swaps and such. I'm leaning 51% towards the XR just cause its so unused. But the DR looks so cool to me. I'm like a girl trying to decide what cloths to wear picking this bike. I thought Id ask you all that have experience with these . I'm  going to ask in the Suzk forum too. Thanks for your time

I don't know much about the DR350 but my guess is the Honda will be more reliable :thumbsup:. As an experienced rider you may not be happy with the power of the 250. So this probably doesn't help. :banghead: I'd look for an XR400! ;) Good luck!

The low hours of the xr would have my interest especally if it were a cheap deal.  here is another post with the same question:

What exactly are the prices for these machines?
I'd probably jump on the Honda, , considering it's condition. If you outgrow the 250, you can still get another. Great deals come along all the time.

My son rode a DR350 for a while. It was a booger to start sometimes, clutch went out twice in 2 years, it is heavy and the suspension is tolerable at best. He was never satisfied with it. He bought a '96 XR400, had the suspension done by pro action and promptly rode it in the '96 Alligator enduro placing 1st in the 4 stroke class. The XRs are extremely reliable and economical to own. No, I have no affiliation with Honda.