How can I make my bike faster?

I've heard if you put VForce Reeds, properly jet your carb and clean the carb, change the exhaust pipe, clean the airbox and put a new air filter, and properly fix the shocks to match your weight, you can gain a ton of power?

Edited by faizakhtar125

Stock, your bike is faster than you. Practice more. Go fast parts only make you think you are faster because you are broke. All your suggestions are just basic maintenance.

• Like 10

a faster bike usually means you get on the brakes sooner........if you want to go faster get better brakes

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Budlite said:

a faster bike usually means you get on the brakes sooner........if you want to go faster get better brakes

brakes are good!

9 minutes ago, Goatse said:

Turn the thing on the right more.

what thing?

1 hour ago, William1 said:

Stock, your bike is faster than you. Practice more. Go fast parts only make you think you are faster because you are broke. All your suggestions are just basic maintenance.

Hey... why did you give me a warning? lol what does that mean?

I know that some people think that my answer was funny or something and it might be but it is an absolute fact......stock YZ brakes aren't that great and great brakes are the easiest way to lower your lap times....horsepower doesn't make the top 3.....lol

• Like 1

Twist the throttle and shift 👍👍 That's how your bike goes faster 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, William1 said:

what does a warning mean? What for?

There is no easy power on a 125.  Pipe will get you a little.  Reeds may or may not be noticeable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faizakhtar125 said:

How can I make my bike faster?

Go from this YZ125

dyz125.jpg.cb7173e78c6b46b14ff5fa6bfe97f7e9.jpg

To this Maico 700

joe_maico_3.jpg.e91254783ea1da967bb7187cd6b761ff.jpg

:D

• Like 3

You've got more topics on your bike than rides. If you aren't putting atleast 5 hours a week on the bike you aren't getting any better. Shut the computer off and go ride the damn thing. 

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

You've got more topics on your bike than rides. If you aren't putting atleast 5 hours a week on the bike you aren't getting any better. Shut the computer off and go ride the damn thing. 

lol I enjoy making topics... But It is really impossible to once a week. My dad doesn't have a truck so I need to wait 1-2 months to ride. I've had my bike for 4 months now, and have only ridden twice. But I do turn on my bike every day and practice riding on my driveway (125 ft.)... I've been doing that for 3 weeks now and I've gotten a lot better. Too bad I can't really ride though.

• Like 2

Don't make excuses, make it work. I have a wife and two kids, work 72 hours a week, and still make time to train 5-6 hours a week. Can't get better pounding a keyboard, gotta put in the seat time. 

• Like 4

We cant all ride as much as we would like.. I applaude the enthusiasm. Enjoyment is key, riding or just looking at ya bike,  all is good.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bricktop72 said:

Don't make excuses, make it work. I have a wife and two kids, work 72 hours a week, and still make time to train 5-6 hours a week. Can't get better pounding a keyboard, gotta put in the seat time. 

2 hours ago, TommyCrown said:

We cant all ride as much as we would like.. I applaude the enthusiasm. Enjoyment is key, riding or just looking at ya bike,  all is good.

lol I mean I turn it on everyday and ride for 20 minutes, it's fun... but he doesn't want to pay $50 per rental truck.