Rowher Flats to Rock Inn

1 hour ago, the 'Sarge' said:

Quarry road goes into Drinkwater Flats. It's the road across from the Bouquet trail.  at bouquet crossing

Why would people drive up there to stage?  I guess if the trail head is full then you have no choice. 

3 minutes ago, 4Kracing said:

Why would people drive up there to stage?  I guess if the trail head is full then you have no choice. 

For me it's the same travel time from my house to stage at bouquet or rowher. After you've staged rowher 50+ times just to cross bouquet anyways, it's nice to come back to only a one or two dipshits at bouquet  instead of a whole parking lot full of them at rowher.

Make sense?

• Like 3

For me it's the same travel time from my house to stage at bouquet or rowher. After you've staged rowher 50+ times just to cross bouquet anyways, it's nice to come back to only a one or two dipshits at bouquet  instead of a whole parking lot full of them at rowher.
Make sense?

Also that never ending dirt road into Rowher is the worst! Blech
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, wr250ish said:

Make sense?

I'm talking about staging up Quarry rd.  I never stage at Rohwer.  I stage at the trail head, the kennels, or San fran.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4Kracing said:

I'm talking about staging up Quarry rd.  I never stage at Rohwer.  I stage at the trail head, the kennels, or San fran.

Gotcha, i guess it just depends where your headed on the bike that day. I've NEVER seen anyone staged up on quarry rd though.

Edited by wr250ish

16 minutes ago, pessica said:

Also that never ending dirt road into Rowher is the worst! Blech

Yeah but usually Saturday and Sunday EARLY a.m. drives in  are entertaining.  Partial list:

Tweaker chick jogging naked in crocs

Gardening equipment scattered over 1 mile

Photo shoot with motorcycles and more naked chicks

Pistol magazines and holster

Drunk/ hungover sleeping off previous nights party

Rolled over Toyota 4x4 covered in blood and cash all over the interior (No body)

A group of Hindi? Having a picnic at 5 a.m. in front of the Texas gate

Ford truck over the side (with body)

And on,and on.....

• Like 1

Yeah but usually Saturday and Sunday EARLY a.m. drives in  are entertaining.  Partial list:
Tweaker chick jogging naked in crocs
Gardening equipment scattered over 1 mile
Photo shoot with motorcycles and more naked chicks
Pistol magazines and holster
Drunk/ hungover sleeping off previous nights party
Rolled over Toyota 4x4 covered in blood and cash all over the interior (No body)
A group of Hindi? Having a picnic at 5 a.m. in front of the Texas gate
Ford truck over the side (with body)
And on,and on.....

Cracking up!! For some reason the 5am picnic really got me. [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, pessica said:

Cracking up!! For some reason the 5am picnic really got me. emoji23.png

I didn't stop, it freaked me out. Sitting on a rug, incense sticks burning, the whole 9 yards. Never even glanced my direction They were no vehicles parked on the road or staging area. wtf? 

9 hours ago, 4Kracing said:

not stage up the road.... Stage at the crossing.  then you can shoot up quarry road into Drinkwater or up bouquet trail, or both.  or if stricktly drinkwater, then san fran or kennels is good.  bouquet crossing is musch quicker to get too than driving up into the staging area from sierra.

8 minutes ago, the 'Sarge' said:

not stage up the road.... Stage at the crossing.  then you can shoot up quarry road into Drinkwater or up bouquet trail, or both.  or if stricktly drinkwater, then san fran or kennels is good.  bouquet crossing is musch quicker to get too than driving up into the staging area from sierra.

Thanks Sarge.  I have ridden that area more than I can remember, I just never paid attention to the name of that fire road.  I typically stage at the turn out there to access both sides.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it out recently to Rowher for the first time. Rode around by myself.  Looking to join anyone during the week and meet at Boquet.  The road to main staging area is a pain. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, wr250ish said:

Just a little fyi. That area is now patrolled randomly by the sheriffs dept. One on a quad and two in a SxS . I have seen and spoken with them 2 weekends in a row now. Something to do with grant monies received. According to F.S. working rowher,  this will be ongoing EVERY weekend. 

Just passing this along as a  psa... take it which ever way you please

The trick in IMHO is to never ride on the weekends. I live in Agua Dulce and have never had a encounter with LEO's in 20+ years(hope I didn't jinx myself). I know most of you don't have the luxury of weekday rides, but if I was to run into them, I would play dumb and ride right by. Because there's no way in hell a cop on a quad or the guys on the clapped out DRZ's would ever catch me and my 40mph avg  trail pace speed. ?

I have run into the Sheriffs on a couple occasions on weekends.  Stopped and talked to them, seemed friendly enough, although I wasn’t doing anything illegal.  I am sure they are being funded through a grant- another example of our OHV registration fees at work for you.  I agree with JNR, ride during the week if you can.  Fortunately, I am retired and can ride anytime.  Always prefer during the week.  Not only no LEO or rangers, but you rarely see another rider, making your ride safer.

• Like 1