Pitserpro

Do I want to be a dealer? I'm a KTM/Husqvarna dealer and I get a lot of customers looking for a cheaper dirt bikes or kids beginner bikes that I just don't have. Honestly what scares me is the prices are so cheap that either there is no margin for dealers or the bikes are not very good. 

• Like 1

I'd think it is a great opportunity. The bikes are better than you might suspect.
I did a ton of looking and researching before pulling the trigger on my LXR. It simply can't be beat for the price. The new GPX Moto line looks like it should be as good or better.

It fits the "cheaper bike for the wife or kids" niche perfectly. 

In all honesty, if you look at them feature for feature; they are a much better value than the big 3's "play bike" offerings.

• Like 1

Pitster/GPX would be a great option to have. $10K bikes are not for every one, and if you feel there is a market for a less expensive option in your area it could work out for you.

If you sell at msrp the margin is decent.  The pit bikes pitser sells have come a long way in the last few years. Hook a 10 year old on a sub $2K pit bike and he will want that tc85 even more in a couple of years.

The GPX full size bikes are going to be great. Only my opinion of course.

I know Gary from Pitster is looking to revamp his dealer network, and it may be a good time to jump in.

Well...I'm a dealer now. Going to start with the small bikes and see how it goes. I'm actually pretty excited. I get so many customers that I have to turn away and I want them to be my customers.

On 3/2/2018 at 4:54 PM, dcg141 said:

Well...I'm a dealer now. Going to start with the small bikes and see how it goes. I'm actually pretty excited. I get so many customers that I have to turn away and I want them to be my customers.

Coming to the SERA enduro next week?

I'm not. I'm working on local trail with all this rain and not being able to ride. I won't have bikes until next week and I ordered primarily small bikes. I'm going to expand the line this summer as they introduce new models. I may have the ones I ordered sold already. I put the word out and had one guy called about a bike for his gf and I added that bike to the order this morning. I had several customers this weekend looking for kids beginner bikes and we took everyone's phone numbers and they all said they wanted to see them when they come in. I should have done this before now but seems like I possibly timed it right with their expanded line of new product.

Edited by dcg141
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pitster pro is a good brand.I've had a few and still have one and have been great bikes,just normal wear and tear. Depending on the people you are turning away, you could also look at SSR,maybe the 150/189 and their 250 and 450 size might be something to look at.

I think you should totally do it. There is one main shop in my area and I swear like half of the pit bikes I’ve had have been bought there. Alibaba and Ali express sell them for 250-450 a piece. The minimum order can range from 5-50 and more. Some only require you to buy one. Hell I’ve sold bunches of used chinese pit bikes for 550 and the nicer ones with permitter frame for 650+. I buy and sell them cause it’s such an easy way to make a couple bucks. You would be surprised how many people sell them for 100. Put a little in and get a lot out.

So yes, I think you should do that. I think the shop in my area charged 600 for 70cc, 700 for 110, and 800 for 125cc. And around 1000 for the nicer 125cc bikes with permitter frames, aluminum sub frame, inverted forks, etc. I forgot how much they charge for the auto ones. Definitely a culture of newer, younger people as well as parents on a budget that are all over these things. Good luck [emoji106]!!

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...