FMF 4.1RCT Ti exhaust HUGE WEIGHT SAVINGS!

20 hours ago, Dirkarider said:

thanks guys, maybe I'll copy pic & carry,I thought about stamp too I had to do that on a VIN [no not stolen],actually has a email sent to fmf ,have not responded yet [thought that would work better than calling, ha] so I'll call, appreciate the info,dirka

Nah, they are old school. It means their product isn't really any better than what comes stock on at least the bikes out of Austria these days (the days of low hanging fruit on stock exhaust are over), but it also means they have people that still actually answer phones.

I rode with with full FMF system and I gotta say, I do feel like the SX header adds a lot of low end and it is more than placebo. On level or a slight uphill grade bike can pull from 3000rpm, just as smooth, or more so than my FE350 now. It will still flame out if you grab too much throtttle or are asking too much (steep grade in tall gear) due to lack of flywheel and cam timing overlap of the MX motor (compared to FE/EXC), but it has a lot more low end power for sure. No decrease anywhere else that I could feel. 

Also the muffler is a bit quieter, I will get around to retesting dB later, but I imagine the packing settled in or something. Sound levels with the spark arrestor inserted are quite reasonable. It may be same as OEM can at idle, but is noticeably more quiet at higher rpms and WOT. 

i have a 2017 FC450, the major weight savings are in the header.  The complete Ti FMF 4.1 system was 3lbs lighter than the complete stock setup; however, that was without the insert installed.

the biggest reason for me buying the FMF was because it is a 3-piece and i thought it would make taking the shock off the bike easier, LOL.