Dr-z 250 in hare scramble

Could I use my drz 250 in some amateur hare scrambles and have a chance

I would think you could. Stiffening the suspension a bit would help. Hare scrambles are more rider than bike.

Posted (edited)

Could you, absolutely. Are you able to that's another question. Your drz is able to do just about anything the 250f's can do, although it won't be as light or powerful, but if you don't mind that get out there and hold it wide! On the other hand if you can't stand not having the best thing since sliced bread, it's not going to be the bike for you. In the end it's really up to you. If you are you happy with your bike I wouldn't give anything else a second thought. Most of us (including me) don't do this for a job just a hobby, and don't need the best thing. As long as you enjoy it that's what matters.
Check out this video 

Edited by Rain-Rider

Thank you very much for your input. Look forward to racing this spring.

Do not expect to win. Gain experience and good technique. Do not race against everyone else, race against yourself, meaning ride to be better every time you hop on. Accept other guys may be better riders on more race like bikes. Ignore them. Ride your own race.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

First order of business: Finish the race! Find a pace you can maintain and let the other riders crap out and you will trophy.

• Like 1

Yes. You have a great chance at having fun.
You may also want to consider an enduro. They have more of a relaxed atmosphere.

• Like 1

You're a crazy man, I've ridden bikes without power and bikes with poor handling and bikes that were too heavy, but you're gonna race one that's all 3! Outstanding.

So you don't think he'll have fun?

So you don't think he'll have fun?

I didn't say that, it'll be awesome. An old guy brought out a ttr230 with luggage rack and death wings to a GP i raced last year. It was his first race, he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, he made it two laps, i was impressed.
  • Like 1

If you're running slow, technical stuff, you'll be fine.  Spend a few hundred on proper rate springs, a good set of bars (that fit right), good handguards, and some good tires, and have fun!

I personally ride a Drz-250 as well. I have upgraded the lights, bark busters, then I changed the gearing to a 15 F, 48 R and I have no trouble keeping up with new Crf’s and Wr’s. On all types of terrain.

• Like 1