2019 U.S. Models (Early Press Releases)

This time last year news about the TPI models started coming out of KTM. Has anyone heard anything concrete about the upcoming 2019 Enduro lineup for the U.S. market?  I suspect the 250 xcw TPI will be updated a bit based on what has been seen with the current 2018 model.  

Any other possibilities - will an updated 250 xcw TPI be available immediately?  Will KTM have additional U.S. models with TPI?  What’s the expected support for continuing the carbureted 150, 250 and 300 models.  

RP

Thinking back to when I bought my 2017, there were rumours floating around that KTM and Husqvarna were going to release injected models,... but those details weren't released until well into the fall.  It's a bit early for them to begin talking about 2019's when the 2018 TPI's have literally just arrived at dealers?  No?

Thinking back to when I bought my 2017, there were rumours floating around that KTM and Husqvarna were going to release injected models,... but those details weren't released until well into the fall.  It's a bit early for them to begin talking about 2019's when the 2018 TPI's have literally just arrived at dealers?  No?

The official announcement from KTM for TPI was in early March 2017.

The reason I remember, it was the day I bought my 2017 XC 300.

I remember feeling that my brand new bike that wasn’t even a minute old was already dated technology.

Love my bike though!

• Like 2

The official announcement from KTM for TPI was in early March 2017.
The reason I remember, it was the day I bought my 2017 XC 300.
I remember feel that my brand new bike that wasn’t even minute old was already dated technology.
Love my bike though!

Yup. Went to look at my 2017 in late February of last year. Had heard rumours of FI coming so I asked the dealer if I was considering buying an obsolete bike in the 2017. "Nope, Fuel Injection is a rumour. Years away." was the response. So I bought. And 2 weeks later KTM announces the TPI.
Grrr...

But, I also love my bike! I would like some of the TPI features, but it's not killing me.
  • Like 2

Ktm releasing a direct injection 300 with a extra 10hp just to annoy all the tpi owners out there :p

• Like 3

Do you know the changes ?

FB_IMG_1520015967858.jpgFB_IMG_1520015962652.jpg

No sorry apart from the obvious plastic changes and carb vent hoses so foesnt look like injection for 2019 on the 125.

Nothing official here, take the info with a pinch of salt...

Not much going to happen this coming year model.  The US will get more TPI and still offer carbs (thank GOD), the maps will be better the mukuni will be worse to force you to throw up your hands and go TPI.  lol

• Like 1

The KTM SX models for 2019 are definitely not injected. We have a 2019 250SX ordered for delivery on 24 June.

2019 300 XC2019-KTM-300-XC-First-Look-dirt-off-road-motorcycle-1.jpg.807e134aa7cf72a06311fb495eb3d150.jpg

Fuel injected! I’ll get one for the fuel economy. Been riding various 300’s for years and the range is always a problem. And the jetting...

Fuel injected! I’ll get one for the fuel economy. Been riding various 300’s for years and the range is always a problem. And the jetting...
XC's and SX's remain carbureted
  • Like 1

XC's and SX's remain carbureted

Yes, I believe the xcw is injected. Didn’t realize the xc stayed carbureted.

55 minutes ago, fltplan said:

Yes, I believe the xcw is injected. Didn’t realize the xc stayed carbureted.

From reading the 250TPI and 300TPI in Europe have not been much better on fuel, tank size went down and most guys riding them say maybe 10% better over carb.  Not night and day like the FI 4T's, in comparison those sip fuel!